
I think it's so interesting how your other children seem to grow or mature, instantly, when a new baby comes home. Not only does Olivia seem huge (I could swear she's gained 5 pounds in the past week), but Austin also seems so mature. He is such a sweet big brother and wants to hold Ashley all the time. He also just seems to be so smart and big now. He just loves school and is trying to read everything around him. I got him this game at one of those educational toy parties and he just loves it. He has to match up the right number with the question, then you flip it over and it makes a pattern to show if you answered right or not. I just love that he enjoys learning and reading. With recent events I have been thinking about his birth and how small he was- it's just so amazing that he was just 2.2 lbs (1 kg)- and now he is completely healthy and normal. That tiny little baby is my eldest child. I felt kind of weird when he started school b/c I hear of mothers being really emotional about that... but I was just so excited for him. I couldn't wait for him to meet new friends and have the whole school experience. I love when he comes home and tells me about music class or playing cricket (even though I think it's a dumb 'sport') at recess with the boys. Parenthood is such a roller coaster of emotion, at least for me. Sometimes my children make me crazy and other times I just want to smother them in kisses, and tears come to my eyes just thinking about how much I love them and how I want to be a good mother for them.
3 comments:
Kiss him for me too!
I completely understand this phenomenon. Lucas was 5 1/2 when Eva was born, so he was no baby, but he was MY baby and I thought of him as a little boy. After we brought Eva home from the hospital, however, he suddenly seemed huge. No longer a little boy, but a very big boy with a very big personality. I'm not sure how this happened overnight, but it was a strange realization.
That was just lovely to read. I miss Austin so much. He truly is "Dash" to me. He truly does run like lightning but maybe it just seems so because he is so small. He's adorable and he IS a big boy and a wonderful big brother.
Post a Comment