Monday, March 06, 2006

Terrible Twos



I have to say I have somewhat of a 'love-hate' relationship with Olivia right now. She is making sure that we don't forget she is around, apparently. The past few days she is more defiant than ever, more cheeky, more sassy... more of a two year old, I guess. No matter how hard I try to remember that she is just two years old, when she pushes my buttons I just cave! I get annoyed with myself afterward and feel so guilty for snapping at her or threatening to take away her blankie (the only leverage I seem to have anymore).

Today we are having a pretty good day, so far. It does annoy me, however, that the fact that Dad told her to be good today carries much more weight than my threats or pleas for obedience. Why don't I count?

Anyway, I painted her toes and nails (AGAIN!) at lunchtime. She was just beaming. Once again I forgave all of the craziness. What a sweet, beautiful girl. Can't we have more moments like this? She is such a girly girl. She likes her hair 'long' (meaning, I am not allowed to put ponytails or clips in), she likes her nails painted, she loves lipstick, she loves her phone (Dad's old cell phone), and anything pink. How do they figure it out so young?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that I wasn't the one to paint her nails. Rob, I wish someone had told me to just laugh at the cheekyness and know that it will pass. I need to do that still. Yikes! Anyway, the frills, ruffles, hair, nails, and pink seem to be innate, right. You know we love it.

Jill said...

She's so cute, I can totally hear her voice and sassiness in my head. It's entertaining, but exhausting so I'm sure that can be challenging for you, especially if she's competiting with Ashley now.

I have no advice except to write down the funny things she says and to vent on your blog, at least you'll have an outlet and we can be amused. Hee.

amy gretchen said...

i think we have the same child. This is so Tess. She loves her dad more than me and at times I feel I don't even count. It must be such a transition that all the attention is on the baby and when dad comes home he is able to give more to them.

michelle said...

I'm not sure how they get it so soon, but eva is always attracted to any jewelry, anything pink, and my mom's fake nails...