
So about the spider picture... it's called a Huntsman and they're pretty common around here. Unfortunately, this is the second one we have had in the house. The first one was a nightmare. Jared was out watching rugby at a friend's house and I was reading in our room. All of the sudden, this huge spider comes through the door and onto the wall right in front of me (thank goodness I was looking right at it, what if it had crawled over my head and I didn't know it?) It looked about the size of a tarantula and I gasped really loud and it stopped when I did!!! I didn't know what to do. I backed out of the room and was pacing back and forth as it crawled around the walls of the room and ended up near the bathroom. I got the broom (what was I thinking, like I could smash this huge thing?!) I mentally prepared for like 15 minutes. It was totally aware of me and I felt like it was going to attack me if I tried to smash it. Well, I didn't know when Jared was going to be home and the thought of leaving it and not knowing where it went was actually worse. So.... I got up the guts and smashed it- not that it was going without a fight! It ran and I kept smashing (still in the bathroom). A piece of the broom actually broke off but finally it was still and looked very smashed, etc. WELL, I went out into the lvg room to watch TV since I couldn't be near it. Jared got home and I took him into our room to show him and IT WAS GONE! Seriously, I thought he was playing a trick on me but it was really gone. He said, "That's what they do, they play dead." I thought, "I don't want to know how intelligent these things are! I don't want a spider strategizing about how it's going to get away." I didn't think it could get worse! I said, "There is no way I can go to sleep in this room knowing it is still out there." So, Jared started to pick up things from the floor, looked behind stuff, etc. Finally, I gave up and was ready to just get in bed and hope that it was outside or in another room- limping with its 2 good legs and 6 gimpy legs across our house. Jared then pulled the mattress (we STILL don't have our bed yet) out from the wall and it was behind MY pillow! I had almost laid there! Oh, I can't even explain the emotional torment this whole experience gave me. It was horrible. Jared had to smash it some more and finally took it outside and dumped it in the street. It probably got up and walked away again. I hope it went to torture someone else. I am going to call someone to come and spray.
4 comments:
I can't even deal with this story. It makes my palms sweat just thinking about it. Nothing that big should be able to come in the house, and the fact that it was in your room and behind your pillow is going to make it hard for me to sleep here all the way across the world. I'm not kidding.
Oh my gosh. What a terrifying ordeal. I am not like Jill, but I don't like spiders. I would smash it -- it's much better than not knowing where it went -- but the whole reincarnation thing is more than I can deal with. And the fact that it was behind your pillow?? The whole time I was reading your story, I kept laughing because I knew Jill would read it and be losing it here in the good ole USA.
Oh my gosh! the only thing is that I think I would have done just like you did. Now days I have to see the proof....so I would get a shoe and smack it down, but since it was so big, I think I would get a old book from some flee market, and everytime you see one just drop the whole thing on it!
robyn - that is by far the worst spider story i have ever heard. you either need to learn how to make friends with your new neighbors or start carrying a concealed weapon. next time one plays dead - don't believe it, flush it! yikes! i am checking my pillow for spiders from now on!
Post a Comment