Sunday, January 29, 2006
Back Online
Ok, so now I am back online and I actually have time to add to this site. However, I feel like I have nothing to say. I am in a strange place right now... maybe it's the upcoming baby... maybe it's because I am realizing I am not just here for vacation... maybe it's the heat??? Everyone keeps asking me if I am settled in and I want to say "NO!" I know they're just being nice but I feel like you don't just settle in another country to live in a mere three weeks! It takes some time people. Today someone asked how it feels to be here, or something like that. I can't lie, so I said "I'm still adjusting. Jared is happy to be here." Was that wrong? I guess I am not good at painting a smile on my face and saying "It's just great, mate!" Maybe it will help to get all of our things tomorrow- maybe I will feel like our place is more like OUR home. I guess I need to stop focusing on the fact that I won't have anyplace to put things and unpack it all. I am calling the internet people tomorrow- I have had enough of being offline!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think it's good that you're being honest about how you feel. Of course you couldn't be settled and fine in a mere 3 weeks times. You need your home to be settled, internet at the ready, and your life to calm down. You're in a wicked, involuntary state of flux right now so blog venting would be helpful as will journal writing, and the kindness of Aussies. I wish I could be there to help you get things in order. We're thinking about you. Take care.
I say tell it like it is. There is no reason to soften the truth. If they are asking tell them. I really hope things start feeling more like home soon. Good to hear from you again.
I can really feel for you, Robyn. It's damn tough being uprooted, leaving your whole life behind and moving to another country. Much harder than moving to another state or something, because not only have you left behind family, friends, and the comforts of home, but EVERYTHING that's familiar to you! Even the stores are different (McDonald's doesn't count). For you, even the seasons are different! And you can't even just call people when you feel like it. I'd say, give yourself a LOT more time to feel settled. How's the pregnancy going?
Hi Robyn - nice to be able to get an update (instead of asking Jill) Sorry things are hard, I can't even imagine!!! Good luck with the baby, hopefully a sweet newborn will give you something to enjoy!
Post a Comment