My younger brother Andrew LOVES Toy Story so we all made plans to go together this weekend, to celebrate Father's Day and his love for this movie. Andrew was SO excited- he happily posed next to the poster at the theater as we all waited to go in. All my siblings, their kids, and my parents came. We took up the whole back row in the theater. It's good for us to sit at the top because Andrew makes comments in the movie and reacts when everyone laughs really loud. He says things like, "Stop it!" and "Quiet down" when the laughing gets too loud for him. It cracks me up. We all loved the movie. I knew Ashley loved it too because she didn't ask to go to the bathroom once!
Afterwards we all went back to my parents' house for a BBQ. Here's Landon and Austin chuckling about the movie.
Randy grilled up some steaks and the other men started on the fun stuff: putting Nana and Papa's new trampoline together.
Let me tell you, they were overjoyed. The website said it would take 45 minutes. I think it was a bit longer than that... the engineers who designed it could probably do it in 45 minutes. Luckily these guys broke it up in stages.
We all relaxed on the screened-in porch and ate our meal. It's so heavenly out there.
Lori really made it a fun day for Andrew. She had some Toy Story gifts for him, even though it wasn't his birthday. He loves to open presents. It's actually my mom's birthday on the 21st so really we should have been singing to her, or to my dad for Father's Day!
Everyone knows how much Andrew loves it, so it's all good. Here he is with his new Woody doll and the gold medal Lori gave him. For some reason, he likes to collect them.
We all sang our family's rendition of Happy Birthday, which is not the standard song. We stole it from a mexican place called ChiChi's because we are all pathetic singers. It's a fast paced song that goes "Happy, Happy Birthday, may all your dreams come true... Happy, Happy Birthday to you, to you, to you, OLE!" If it was a hymn it would say "With Gusto" at the top. We like it much better. Note Jill and Landon's arms in the air in this photo- you must do that when you say "OLE!"
Here's Jared making progress on the tramp:
After cake and ice cream, the tramp was finally done and the kids were ecstatic. We couldn't get them off it all night! They now think Nana and Papa's house is totally cool.
I already loved it, but I guess it's gone up a notch. I love the huge grassy area and the wide open spaces. It's the perfect place for kids to run and play. They've got a swing set and a tetherball in the back- the kids always have a good time.
3 comments:
A trampoline makes every house better! My kids will be so jealous!
I saw some Buzz and Woody dolls the other day that were so big and so cute. I thought of Andrew and his already large collection. I'm sure he is so excited to have this third movie out and all of the toys that go with it. I love that he had a cake and presents. So fun.
I've heard the movie is really good. I can't wait to take my kids.
Looks like you guys had a great time. You are so lucky to have so much family so close.
Loved the documented description of all that went on this past weekend. The photo are the icing on the cake.
wow this looked like a lot of fun. Love the cake...with just those two guys.....my family (my brother from utah went to see it at the imax...and the other kids that live here, but my kids were still in school....so we missed out. This looks like it was a relaxing time
Post a Comment