Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fancy Nancy and more


Ashley was so excited to celebrate her friends'  birthdays at the beginning of June; Elena, Ellie, and Lauren all celebrated their big days within just a few days of each other.


Lauren had a Fancy Nancy party for her 5th birthday, so of course all the girlies had to come dressed to the nines. Ashley happily donned her fancy dress, tiara, feathery shoes, and necklaces. The girls had a great time together. 


Laura dressed for the occasion as well- what a great hostess! I am such a boring mom, I never dress up for things like that! Here she is reading Fancy Nancy to the girls.


Ellie's 4th birthday party was a swimming party! Ashley loves playing in the water. She joined Ellie and her other friends, and romped around the yard running through sprinklers and wading in the pool. Jamie did such a great job making it fun and festive for the girls. Ellie is Ashley's BFFFFFFFFFFF- they just can't get enough of each other and they sometimes drive Jamie and I crazy with their constant begging to play!


It's great for Ashley to have such a good friend, but after they've been together all day long, she still whines incessantly that she wants to play again after dinner. The one good thing is I can use it as leverage whenever I want. All I have to do is threaten, "You won't get to play with Ellie if you don't...." and I can pretty much get her to do whatever I want. I know, I am evil, but a mother's gotta do what she's gotta do, right?


Ashley also went to Elena's Dora party the same week, but I didn't get any photos of that one. We are so lucky that she has so many fun friends to play with in our neighborhood. Makes summer go a lot faster!!! Good times.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

it's so great that your kids have good friends close! It makes all the difference! The parties all sound fun - I have been kind of lazy on the party front I guess I had better get on the ball!

Natasha said...

What a great neighborhood you have with so many young children. We have been lucky that way too. The Fancy Nancy party is a fantastic idea!

Britney said...

You are so very lucky to have so many friends so close. I love that Fancy Nancy party, but then we love anything Fancy Nancy.