Friday, June 11, 2010

Pinewood Derby II


It was Austin's second year doing the Pinewood Derby with Scouts. Jared and Austin worked on the car and got it ready weeks in advance for the race. It was a little silver car that they called "The Quarter" since it had 3 quarters taped to the back to weigh it down.



The night was also the Blue and Gold Dinner, so the whole family was invited. We had a nice, summery BBQ dinner, then watched the kids race their cars.


There's Olivia with her peace sign... is she from Tokyo or Utah?!



It was a fun, quick night of racing (just the way we like it!). Austin's car didn't finish 1st, or 2nd, but he was fine with that. I can't decide if I should be worried that he's not the least bit  concerned with the way his car finishes... or if I should be happy that he's not overly competitive???

We just can't wait for another year of the Pinewood Derby! I think I'll find Austin a car online next year and save a lot of headache! Shhh, don't tell.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey, just checking in and saw this. That is a darling picture of Austin, isnt it? It was as if I was there, almost. Thanks for sharing.

Bond Girl 007 said...

I guess we will be looking out for activities like this later on.....