Olivia posed with the Easter Bunny at our local city's egg hunt.
Ashley wouldn't get near the bunny for a photo, but she was still very excited to start the hunt and get some candy. Bring on the sugar!
Here's the 4-5 year old section where Ashley competed. I didn't get to see Olivia b/c her section was on the other side of the park.
Ready, Set, Go! The siren sounded on the fire truck and the kids were off. I could barely keep track of Ashley, she took off so fast. She was like a machine packing eggs into her basket. You'd think she had trained ahead of time or something. It took me a couple minutes to find her once the crowd started to clear out. She had a TON of eggs!
Check out her BIG smile! This was a happy girl.
Check out Olivia's lack of smiling... here she is counting her eggs. She wasn't a happy girl. Her age group was apparently very competitive and she had a hard time grabbing eggs. She isn't really the type to dive in and snatch eggs (unlike Ashley).
There were some tears as we walked away and Olivia realized that she had a fraction of the candy that Ashley did. She tried to convince Ashley to give her some eggs, but Ashley wasn't about to see her candy go so quickly! Later in the day, however, Ashley did share with Olivia, Austin, and the neighbors.
3 comments:
Wow. You are much braver than me. I have never been brave enough to take my kids to one of these. It looks though like they had a good time. I love that picture at the end with Ashley gleefully grinning at her basket and Olivia looking a bit...disgruntled, just as you pointed out. It makes me chuckle just slightly. :) Cute kids! Cute kids!!
Ashley is fealess! Sugar is a great motivator, though. I love Olivia's shoes--when I was buying shoes for my girls, I found a girls size 5 of those shoes and had to try them on. They fit! I bought them :)
fearless, not fealess. I hope she's not missing her fea.
Post a Comment