Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Catching up with K


It seems like I haven't seen my friend Kaylyn forEVER! That's the hard thing about moving- sometimes it takes you further away from friends that you want to be close to. Life, kids, work, etc get in the way of getting together. You have to be really good about making time to see one another because it's so easy to let it slide. I'm so glad that Kaylyn was able to come and meet me for lunch. 


We met at Blue Lemon, a restaurant that we've both been wanting to try for a long time. I ordered the Portabello Burger with Citrus Pesto Aioli and she got the Raspberry Chicken Salad. The food was delicious- though I don't think the salad (which is their most popular dish) would have filled me up. Still, it was tasty.


Lucky for me, Austin was home feeling sick and Ashley was out of preschool, so I got to bring them along. Not really my idea of a Girls Lunch Out... but what can you do? We sat in a big booth and I tried to scoot them to the other end (sorry kids) so that we could talk and enjoy our time together. We had SO much catching up to do! Kaylyn is looking so fit and fabulous- I almost suspected she'd had something done... she seriously looked years younger when she walked in the door. I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time, Kaylyn! 


 The kids were pretty good, actually. They brought their own sandwiches, but ate the fruit salad that I got with my burger. We did pretty well until Ashley started climbing the walls (literally) and Kaylyn had to go meet kids coming home from school.


It was great to catch up with my old friend. I was telling the kids as we got into the car, that I have known Kaylyn since Austin and Cole, her son, were just about 6 months old. Who would believe that they're going to be 10 this year!? Where does time go? 

Thanks for lunch, Kaylyn, and thanks for being a great friend!

4 comments:

amy gretchen said...

Glad you were able to find time to catch up. I don't know why it's harder once you move away, it shouldn't be, but sometimes it is. Hope you guys are able to do it more often.

Jill said...

You definitely need to make time to get together with friends, it's the best therapy I know.

Why didn't you just leave the kids home? I thought you were going to say you were happy that Austin was home sick so you could leave Ashley with him.

What's Kaylyn's secret for looking so good?

Britney said...

Sounds like a nice lunch out.
(And that food looks DELICIOUS! I also think it's funny that you always remember to take pictures of your food. I never think to do that and I wonder if I would feel weird -- but I have to admit, I LOVE that you do it;it makes the story complete. Maybe I'll have to copy you -- the next time I go out to eat that is. Lunch anyone?)

Shauna said...

I've been wanting to try the Blue Lemon. Love the name and you both look great!