Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Jared!


Can't believe it's Jared's birthday already! The kids were so excited to see Dad open his presents. Too bad the gifts weren't too exciting... some pants for work and a new portfolio with an engraved nameplate. We also got a new TV a few weeks ago, which I hope he is still counting as a birthday gift!


His only request for his birthday dinner was trifle. Ours has no beef (for those Friends fans out there). It's such a pretty dessert, I love how it looks in the bowl. We also had tilapia, seasoned potatoes (of course- Jared is obsessed with potatoes), salad, and rolls.


Ashley made Dad a very special card. 


Olivia used some quick thinking and tried to turn her 100 days poster into a huge birthday card for Dad. I think "I love school" threw him off a little, but he liked it anyway.


Austin wrote a funny poem entitled "Sir Lancelot". It says:

Who is brave and daring like Sir Lancelot,
and likes trifle in a pot?
For Austini is his son, 
the one and only chosen one.
Rugby is the sport he likes to play,
and he drinks a Mountain Dew every day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!!



5 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!!

I am glad Jared loves school -- soooo funny and the poem by Austin is so great!

Chantel said...

Happy Birthday. The trifle looks great. If you ever want a new trifle recipe let me know I have a couple that are awesome (1 more traditional and 1 CHOCOLATE)

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Jared!!!!! I hope it was a good one. Love the cards from the kids -- that poem is a keeper!!!

That trifle looks SO DELICIOUS!!!!! (I laughed out loud at the no meat part!) I would love that recipe and any from Chantel!! I don't really ever make trifle, but I would love to, because I love it. I just don't think to make it.

Anyway,...happy birthday Jared! We hope you had a great day!

Diana said...

Wow that trifle looks good and I LOVE the Friends reference.
Happy Birthday to Jared!

Jamie said...

Love the poem! That trifle looks amazing! And I love how Olivia recycled her poster! (You may have an eco-activist on your hands!) ;)