Monday, January 04, 2010

Hope



2009 was a really hard year for me (and probably many of you)... so for 2010, I'm really trying to be hopeful, optimistic, and faithful that it is going to be a lot better. It HAS to be. These quotes I've come across have really helped me. If you have any similar uplifting quotes you'd like to share, please paste them into the comment window. I'm collecting them!


Doubt, despair, and failure to care for our fellowmen lead us into temptation, which can cause us to forfeit choice and precious blessings…  The adversary uses despair to bind hearts and minds in suffocating darkness. Despair drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart. Despair can seem like a staircase that leads only and forever downward.  Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear. October 2008 General Conference
–Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf


A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.   
–Winston Churchill


When you have the enthusiasm and the passion, you end up figuring how to excel. 
–Deena Kastor, US Olympic Marathoner


Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight. 
–Lance Armstrong


Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right. 
–Henry Ford



Good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed. 
–Ralph Waldo Emerson

We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.  
–Jesse Owens, Track and field athlete and four-time Olympic gold medalist


If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith, remember those faithful Saints who remained true in Kirtland. Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth. You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story.  January 2010 Ensign
–Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf




6 comments:

Diana said...

2009 was especially hard. Thanks for this post I will bookmark it and look at it when this year starts getting hard which I know it will.

Carrie said...

Thanks for your quotes Robyn. They were great
here are a few of my favs:
“I can be changed by what happens to me. but i refuse to be reduced by it.”-Maya Angelou
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”-Dr. Seuss
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."-unknown
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”-Maya Angelou

Jill said...

Great quotes Robon! I hope this year is better for all of us, but especially for you guys!

Jamie said...

I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And, dog-gone it, people like me! :o)

chan rak ter, na kha!

2010 is going to be a great year for you, I can feel it!

amy gretchen said...

Great quotes Robyn.

It will be a better year. It has to be. Don't tell yourself otherwise. love you.

Britney said...

Thanks for the extra hope. Love these quotes.