Our family was invited to a New Year's Bling-a-Ling party down the street. We were all very excited to get our bling on and party all night long...
Except that I discovered I have no bling, whatsoever. Luckily, the girls let me borrow a princess crown and I found some tinsel type stuff that doubled as a boa. Ashley and Olivia covered themselves in whatever they could find. They were so, so, so excited to go!
We arrived to find about 10-12 other couples (with their kids) crowding into the Williams' home. They were so good to host all of us and allow the chaos to ensue. I must add here, that they have a baby just over a month old, who somehow slept through everything. I never even saw her the whole night!
After a lot of munching and chatting, we played a White Elephant game. I got a Zhu-Zhu pet but it was quickly stolen! I later got a home decor sign with a family quote. I was pretty sad I didn't win the Viagra clock. Darn! Jared, however, was the one who scored. He got the most beautiful sweater vest you have ever, ever seen! It's black and covered with red cardinals, sequined cardinals, and ornaments of various colors surround the birds. It's priceless! Actually, the tag from Walmart says $19.00. Jared was awarded Mr. Bling-a-licious for the night. And how could he not, with that vest?
This is the man who really should have won Mr. Bling-a-licious, but since he was the host he had to be a good sport and let Jared take the prize. Rick looked awesome in his rabbit fur vest, ruffled white shirt, gray pinstripe pants, and silver bedazzled wingtips. The hat, heavy gold chain, and $ sign earrings made the outfit.
Here's a shot of all the ladies. We pretty much all just grabbed something at the last minute and tried to be sparkly. Nicole won Mrs. Bling-a-licious (center in silver with tiara and banner). She had wrapped herself with silver ribbon from her tree and clipped it with metallic office clips. She looked pretty good. I think Emily's orange wig was a close second.
Austin also got into the spirit. We gave him a faux-hawk and sprayed it with Olivia's colored spray. He looked pretty good. He purposely chose his guitar shirt since it has silver guitars. I also have to mention that he was insisting we had to go to Landon's to get his NY Yankees hat right up until the last minute... as if this somehow made his outfit more blingalicious. He cracks me up.
We all had a fun time and threw gallons of confetti all over Shannon's poor house at midnight.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
What a fun party idea! I love the sweater- I am so going to shop at walmart clothing section for nest years white elephant!!
Post a Comment