Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our Little Chep



Ashley came home from preschool about a month ago with a cute little chef's hat and a recipe for veggie soup. They had been learning about vegetables and seeds, how things we eat grow in the ground, etc. She put on her chef's hat, held up the recipe, and declared that we needed to make some dinner.



I thought it was cute that she was so excited to do some cooking. And I couldn't get over how cute she looked in her "chep hat," as she called it, so I pulled out all the ingredients and let her go to town.



She happily dumped all the ingredients in this pot and told me that dinner was ready. Voila! I told her what a wonderful job she did... then discreetly chopped the onions, carrots, and tomatoes when she wasn't looking.




We moved her to the stovetop, and with some adult supervision, she cooked her Very Veggie Soup. She was so proud of herself! We had it that night for dinner- yes, we really did! It was more like a stew than a soup... we added some spices and some broth and it wasn't bad. Thank you Ashley, our little chep!

4 comments:

Jill said...

She's so cute! She actually looks a little bit older to me in these pictures...say it isn't so!

amy gretchen said...

I'm just impressed you all ate if for dinner. Looks like she's on her way to becoming just like you. adorable.

i agree with jill she does look older.

Shauna said...

The little "chep" is looking just a bit too cute in that hat. It looks like she's mixing in a bit of mischief.

Britney said...

She is so cute -- and I agree -- she is looking so much older. So grown up! I love the hat.