Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Perfect Pair


Last Saturday night we went to an adult Halloween Party, The Perfect Pair. We were invited to choose a couples costume. Since we don't really dress up much, I chose something pretty easy. We went as Danny and Sandy from Grease. Jared would have preferred that I wear Sandy's black outfit at the end, but we went with the traditional 50's look. Jared's costume was pretty simple, but I loved the black hairspray he used to give him Danny's dark look. He slicked it back and kept making Elvis faces and saying, "Thank you very much." I had to remind him he was Danny, not Elvis. I think he also liked the spray b/c it covered up all his gray hair!


My mom came to babysit, so she took a few photos of us before we left. It was really fun to dress up since we typically leave it to the kids. I'm already thinking about what we could be for next year! I panicked at the last minute for this costume b/c I thought my mom had a poodle skirt. She made a great one for Jill many years ago. I found out a week before the party that she didn't have it anymore! Thankfully my bookclub friend Ann, seamstress extraordinaire, whipped me up a great poodle skirt days before the party. Ann you're amazing!


The three hostesses had the room beautifully decorated. It was a fun atmosphere, great music was playing. There were about 10 couples there. The lights were kept low so I couldn't take many photos of the room. It was held in the conference room of someone's office so there was plenty of space. I wondered if there would be dancing later on...


Note the glittery pear centerpieces that went along with the theme. The table looked really nice.


One of our hosts, Emily, dressed up as Red Riding Hood and her Wolf. I think he was sort of a Teen Wolf, I'm not sure.


Here's your Dumb Blonde and Slasher, who won Most Likely NOT to live Happily Ever After


Popeye and Olive Oil


Another of our hostesses, Shannon, with her husband Rick, came as Wendy and Peter Pan. They won Most Scandalous Couple- note her very prego belly!


Julius Caesar and Cornelia


Cruella DeVille and Jasper


Mulder and Scully


Superman and Lois Lane who won Most Likely to be in the Tabloids.


The Perfect Pair awards


Here's all the winners- Peter Pan and Wendy, Bride and Groom (Most Likely to live Happily Ever After), Superman and Lois, iTunes couple (can't remember the title of their award), and Red Riding Hood and Wolf.


Don't they look just like the silhouettes on the iTunes gift cards?!?!? I loved their costume! It was a fun night and it was so nice of us to be invited since we're still pretty new. I would really like to get to know these couples better. We have felt so welcome here in our new neighborhood since July. It has been such an easy transition. What a blessing!


We came home to 3 happy, adorable kids...


They were all in the girls' room and Mom was telling them a story about when she was little. It was so cute to see them all totally riveted and loving it. They were asking questions and saying, "Tell us another one!" I thought it was so sweet. They had made and frosted sugar cookies and doused them with Halloween sprinkles. What a great Nana! Thanks Mom!




9 comments:

Britney said...

What a FUN party!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so insanely jealous! What a great group of people. There were some seriously cool costumes. I LOVED the itunes couple and I love Popeye and Olive Oil. The two of you looked so good as well. I can't believe your friend made you that skirt in just a few days. She is a nice friend! I'm glad you had such a good time. It's fun to have fun places to go to as an adult!

Heidi said...

That looks like SOOO much fun!

You and Jared are pretty cute but I really wish you would have worn the outfit Sandy wears at the end of the movie! Come on -- you know you would look fab in skin tight black, high heels and & a poofy wig! I love the i-tunes couple too. What a fun night!

And who doesn't love to come home to kids happy in their beds!!

Natasha said...

Looks like a fun evening out!

Love the "pear" awards!

Paradise Found said...

Love your blogs new look!
I agree, you pulled off the 50's look great, but you would have been super foxy in the tight black ensemble :) And black hairspray! fantastic idea, I'll have to see if they have my color also ;)

Jill said...

What a fun party full of clever costumes! Those iTunes people are insanely good. You and Jared look great.

Diana said...

Looks like fun. you guys look great. I can't believe (well i guess I can) that Ann just whipped that up. she's so talented.

Jamie said...

That looked like it was such a fun party! I love your costumes. :)
And by the way, I love your new blog's Halloween look!

BrunoDossena said...

So creative! It makes me wonder what Chris and I would have worn. Hmmmmmm????

You look sweet in your Sandy get up. Love it.

Nikki said...

You and your husband are so cute! What a fun creative party! I don't know if my husband would go for that. So much fun! Glad you got to go!