
We had a great time camping last weekend- I'm itching to go again already. We drove up Hobble Creek Canyon to Balsam and met our friends, Britney and Jonathan there with their 4 kids, Anders, Max, Isabella, and Liam. We had such a fun time, despite the on/off sprinkling of rain.

My new boyfriend - isn't Liam adorable?!

The kids had hot dogs, chips, watermelon, etc, while the adults cooked our delicious tin-foil dinners. Ours had salmon, potatoes, carrots and onion. I topped mine with mango salsa. It was SOOOO good. After s'mores and lots of other sweets and treats, we tucked down into our tents as the cool mountain air surrounded us- we had to wrap up that night- it was chilly! But I couldn't believe how fast it warmed up once the sun came out the next day.

Here's Britney, Max and Liam enjoying breakfast.
We had a great breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit, and juice. The kids were such good helpers, constantly adding fuel to the fire (little Pyros!) like paper plates, boxes, leaves, sticks, and in the case of Max- a live caterpillar!

After breakfast, the kids got to run around and enjoy the outdoors. I can't believe how long the kids played with the pop cans- stacking them up in pyramids, then later shooting at them with the air gun that Jonathan brought.



Here's Ashley saying to Isabella, "No, I'M THE BIG SISTER, you're the LITTLE sister." Note: pointed finger and intimidating stance. She's so sweet and easygoing, isn't she?!

After we were all packed up Jonathan and Britney had to leave, so we went up the road to the hiking trails and walked around for a while. It was such a beautiful day-the kids had so much fun.

I love listening to them sing and chat while we're exploring. I taught them that old camp song that goes, "The other day, I met a bear... a great big bear, oh way up there..." Do you know it? They love to sing it so I need to come up with some others.

I just love, love, love living in such a gorgeous area. I wish we could go camping every weekend, and not for just one night. This one was definitely too short- I didn't want to get in the car and go home.

I wish we were all in this photo- Austin did a good job, didn't he? Notice how Ashley has to pull a face in every picture- she is such a ham.
6 comments:
Oh it looks like so much FUN!!! I wish we could have gone. Hopefully next time! And yes tell Austin he did a good job taking the picture
Oh and I thought Liam was MY boy friend! :)
looks really beautiful there!
here is a real southern thing for you...those "pop" cans as you called them are called "coke cans" here...no matter that they have dr pepper, mt dew, sprite, whatever - still called "coke" :o)
Why am I always surprised when you post about camping? I still don't think of you as an outdoorsy gal for some reason, weird.
Where did all those pop cans come from?
Looks like a blast. My kids keep whining to go camping but I'm afraid I'm not as adventurous as you.
I am laughing at Kim Sue's comment - SO TRUE!! It's all "coke" to us.
I want to give the kids a camping experience but am not keen on camping. This fall we want to do a "campout" in our backyard with a tent. Then we'll go from there.
SOunds like so much fun!! SO nice to spend so much time out in nature- away from the world!
Post a Comment