
We are blessed to have the 11 am time slot this year at church so we had a beautiful, relaxed Easter morning. The kids woke up about 7:30 and I heard Olivia say, "Wake UP! The Easter bunny came!" She dragged Austin and Ashley out to find their Easter baskets.

The Easter Bunny only put about 3 pieces of candy in each basket since he knew that they were OVERloaded with candy from the previous day. The kids did not mind at all. They loved the special items they each received in their baskets. Austin got Harry Potter book #4, sunglasses, a Star Wars activity book, and a photo of Jesus. Olivia got a cute camo hat, activity book, sparkly sandals (in just the right size- that EB is amazing!), and a photo of Christ with the children. Ashley got Dora sunglasses, sparkly sandals, Strawberry Shortcake book, and a photo of Christ with a small girl. It was great to see how much each of them loved what they got in their baskets, especially the little pictures of Christ. I wanted to do something related to the real reason we celebrate- remind them- and I was so happy to see how they cherished that little picture.

After all the candy on Saturday, I could hardly look at another piece. In addition to lots of candy, I also had some of Amy's chocolate cake with ice cream, Jared's pumpkin cookies, and more. (Serious PMS hit me right at holiday time-not good) Then Lori gave all the adults this cute bag filled with yummy candy, including Dove Tiramisu chocolates (be afraid, they are addictive!) I didn't hesitate. Apparently I have no self control.
I also got two beautiful bouquets of flowers on Saturday. The first from Jared, a bunch of roses to wish me a Happy Easter.


5 comments:
Love the flowers and the coordinating Easter attire. :)
Don't feel bad, I've eaten more than my fair share of Easter candy, too. I think Easter candy is much better than any other holiday. Too good.
Plus, you'll run it off this Saturday, you tiny thing! :)
I can't believe how grown up Austin looks in his suit!
Apparently you DO have self control that eating that amount of candy & goodies felt out of control. I could eat that all without thinking about it :)
How sweet fo your husband and your brother to send flowers!
Cute easter picture of the kids too!
What a beautiful Easter pic of your 3!
I didn't give my kids a bit of candy because I knew they would get so much other places. I was right.
I love your idea of putting a picture of christ in their basket. I'm doing that next year.
Lori was so cute to make us bags.
The flowers from Jared are beautiful. I admit, I can't take the credit on the tulips. It has Adam's name all over it.
Post a Comment