Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Her name is Rose

Ashley got a gift certificate from us to Build a Bear for her birthday, as well as an adorable Cinderella outfit for her bear from Jill and family. Yesterday I finally had the chance to take her to pick out her new bear. She was so excited! I think I was a little too excited myself. I just can't imagine how much fun this place would be to a child. I can't imagine walking in and my parents saying, "Choose which bear you want!" and being able to pick out whatever I wanted. (I can't imagine because that never happened when I was a child, which is maybe why I love fulfilling my children's dreams and taking them here) Anyway...

Ashley had a good idea what she wanted. It was a bear and it was going to be pink. She also knew that she was going to name it Rose. I thought it was so cute that she was so sure about what she wanted and even had a name picked out.



She chose her bear, a very fuzzy and soft bear with just a hint of pink to her. We took her to the store clerk and Ashley got to step on the pedal to fill the bear with stuffing. I loved how the girl had Ashley give it a squeeze to see if it was cuddly enough. It was.



After being stuffed and sewn, Rose needed a bath. Ashley enjoyed being able to step on a little pedal again and use the powered air to give Rose a bath. 



Once all the extra fuzz and strings were gone, Rose needed to get dressed. Ashley turned around and looked at all these choices like, "So many outfits, so little time." Since we already had the Cinderella outfit for her, I didn't plan on getting another, but Ashley loved this little princess t-shirt (you know, the kind you see at Walmart that I won't buy for her) and since there was a coupon I let her get it. Darn marketing people! 



We printed out Rose's birth certificate and left the shop. One content mother and one very happy little 3 year old. I think this place is better than Disneyland and much cheaper!


10 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like she had a lot of fun! It is nice that she got to help so much. I bet Rose was tucked nicely into bed with Ashley.

Oh & I know you have one of those princess t-shirts from Wal-mart. You wear it to bed.

Nikki said...

What a sweet girl. You can tell how much she cherishes her Rose. Looks like it was the perfect birthday gift for her!

Jill said...

She's so cute! What a fun activity for the two of you. Can you believe I've never been to that store? Whitney has always gone with someone else.

Britney said...

So cute! I would have loved someplace like this when I was a kid too. I've never been in, but I need to. I think my kids would LOVE it!

Shauna said...

Childhood can be magical. You are a very sweet mom. That little bear makes a great Rosie.

amy gretchen said...

I wish we had had places like that when we were a kids too. It's hard though, to get out of there without buying it all. Megan will be so excited to see Ashely's Build-a-bear. Whenever we go to the mall she likes to go in and pick out the animals everyone should get.

Diana said...

Ashley looks so happy. What a fun time.

Kim Sue said...

I love Rose and I think Rose looks good in the princess t-shirt. The bear wearing the over-marketed Disney T is much better than Ashley wearing it! I have a thing about those :o)

Christie said...

So cute! My girls had fun just even looking at everything there last time we were at the mall. I'll have to keep it in mind for future B-days, as it is a memory to keep, not just a present.

michelle said...

It does look like a little girl's dream come true! I've never been in there, but I'm sure Eva would love it.