Last Friday night we had a great dinner with our friends, the Blacks and the Hazards. Kaylyn, Stacey, and I all planned a huge Thai feast, making a couple of dishes each. At one point we said, "Maybe this is too much food..." but we went ahead anyway and it was fantastic!

Kaylyn made Phad Thai, Fried Rice, and Jasmine Rice. Stacey made Massaman Curry and Pumpkin Curry, as well as Mangoes and Sticky Rice for dessert. I made Thai Beef Salad and Som Tum.

Here we are all relaxing after stuffing ourselves silly. Seriously, I think we all packed away quite a bit of food. It was like Thanksgiving dinner to me, but better!
From Left to Right- Scot & Stacey Hazard, me, Jared, Rich & Kaylyn Black.

I just love all the amazing flavors in Thai food. The mint and cilantro make this Thai Beef Salad so tasty. There was also plenty of garlic, onion, fish sauce, sugar, lime, and more. This might make some of you cringe, but it gets my taste buds going.

The kids all played and had a great time while the adults enjoyed dinner and talked. It's so nice when the kids run around and keep themselves entertained and you can just sit and enjoy the company. I hope we do lots more of these dinners in the future. I'm already planning my next dish...

10 comments:
Yum!
I love Thai food too. Sooo good. It looks like you had a great time.
my mouth is watering! That all sounds so good right now!
That would be my dream Thanksgiving dinner :) It all looks so yummy! I need to plan a Thai night, and soon!
I have never had Thai food. It looks good, I just don't know if I would like it.
Love those get togethers when the adults can relax and the kids play nicely!!
What was your favorite dish? How could you choose? They all look so good.
We love Thai food and just reading your blog made me very hungry.
So fun!!!! That is a great idea! All of the food looks and sounds SO YUMMY! What a great night!
The first thing I saw on your blog was that picture of Pad Thai and I wanted some! Everything looked so delicious. It totally made me take a mini-trip down tastebud memory lane. I seriously think my stomach never growled once while I was in Thailand.
Sounds like fun and the food looks terrific!
The food looks so good I can't believe it was homemade. I love nights with good food and friends.
Post a Comment