It's my sister in law, Amy's, birthday today. I love her to death and I am so glad that she's part of our family. It's been 12+ years now since she joined us and she hasn't managed to escape yet, so I guess we get to keep her forever! Here's some fun things that I love about Amy.
1. The fact that she'll break into the "cabbage patch" dance without warning
2. The way she throws "dude" into a conversation
3. Everything she touches turns to gold (she can create anything with her hands)
4. She can read a manual then process, apply, and succeed at whatever it is she's learning to do
5. Her amazing works of art
6. Unbelievable photos
7. Those daddy long legs! (I'm so jealous)
8. The funny look she makes, when someone teases her, like her feelings are hurt
9. Her gorgeous house and the way she decorates and makes it homey
10. The beautiful quilts she's made
11. That she is often stuck in the scum chair for a long time on game nights (and doesn't get annoyed about it)
12. I get to see her once a month at bookclub
13. The way she uses her iphone to teach us things at bookclub (ha)
14. That she takes care of my brother
15. She is so humble
16. She is blessed with a talent for teaching Young Women (good thing since she has 3 girls!)
17. That she is open with her feelings and shares herself with others
18. She always has a jar of candy or chocolate stashed in the drawer
19. She is so unassuming and doesn't try to be better than other people
20. She's going to do a 1/2 marathon with me in June (right, Amy?!)
21. She is a great cake baker and has made some beautiful cakes for her kids and cousins in the past (I wish I had a photo of Landon's train cake from many years ago), a chocolate cheesecake is also coming to mind. Yum.
22. She is very patient with her girls
23. Name brands don't mean anything to her- she wears what she likes
24. She is a genius at making simple cards using her photos
25. She makes a mean guacamole
26. She overcame a fear and traveled to the Mediterranean a couple years ago
27. She is indecisive but she can admit it
28. She is a jeans gal, all the way
29. She's
30. a
31. great
32. sister in law
33. Happy Birthday!!
LOVE YOU TONS AMY!
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS GREAT!!!

9 comments:
I think Amy is great- at least what I know of her from her blog! Adam got a goodie!
What a fantastic tribute! It's so nice to have great sister-in-laws. I hope she had a great birthday.
Happy Birthday Amy!
She seems like such an amazing person. I've only met her once? twice?, and I love to read her blog. You must all feel lucky to have her in your family. I hope she has a great birthday!
That was so sweet, Robyn. She is one lucky sister-in-law
Great post, Robyn. Everything she touches DOES turn to gold!
What a nice post. She seems like a really nice person. :) I think I did meet her at your bridal shower.
Your birthday alley is making me think of October for us and I break out in a sweat. j/k :)
Hey, are you running the Salt Lake Marathon?
Hey Robyn! What a great tribute to Amy on her birthday...you are so thoughtful and sweet! I love your blog, it's very cute. Did you finish up the pink apron?! You are very crafty! It's fun to keep in touch and see what you are up to since we only see each other twice a year!!
Steph
what a sweet tribute, I think she is soo talented. I finally followed some of her directions for my new blog...banner that is, it turned out pretty cool!
Robyn how in the world did I miss this post!
Thank you. Your post made me teary. You're so sweet to do this. I have to admit I'm a little afraid of the 1/2 marathon. Adam showed me while driving in the car how far it was and I was overcome with fear. Can I really do it!
I feel the same way about you...lucky to be your SIL.
Post a Comment