Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Make new friends, Keep the old

Ok, I don't know why this old song from Girl Scouts popped into my head... but last Friday we got to visit with Chantel and her cute girls who are here visiting from Buffalo, NY (Williamsville actually, but you get the drift). I totally understand the shock that Chantel has experienced going to such a different place and leaving friends and family far behind. We were really excited to see them and had a great time.

The kids all got along great. Like a day hadn't passed since we'd seen them.... Ashley and Charlotte seem like two peas in a pod. They could get into some serious trouble together, I think. They're both sassy 3rd children- watch out. 





Olivia and Ellie, both kindergartners this year. 




Austin and Tabitha are both 8 years old now- they were in Sunbeams at church together (when they were 3 yrs old) I had to force them to get this close in the photo. Obviously they know all about cooties and such.




Chantel always looks so cute and pure- like Anne of Green Gables! Don't let that fool you. Ha, just kidding Chan. She made a fabulous homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh rolls for lunch. It was to die for. I'm still waiting for the recipe, by the way, is it like a secret or something?



After seeing this picture I've decided I shouldn't wear orange. Too bad I really like that sweater! Anyway, we had a fun time and I wish we were closer to these guys. But the plan is to return to UT when they finish school back in NY, so hopefully it works out.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey, don't bag on Buffalo. ;) It's beautiful out here. I know the Utah transplants have a culture shock though, coming out into the 'mission field'. I'm assuming Chantal is in the Amherst Ward since I don't know her, but I'm sure my friends in that ward must.
Anyhow- it is SO great to have good friends who you can just pick up where you left off with even though you've been apart.

Laurie said...

I love seeing old friends. It's even better when your kids become friends as well!

Heidi said...

I love your description of Chantel she looks pure but she is as sarcastic as they come!

I'm glad you were able to connect again after book club. I wish I could have joined you (dang company!)

The kids all look great together. Isn't it nice how they can pick up where they left off.

Have fun at pack meeting -- make sure to cheer loudly! :)

Britney said...

Sounds fun! I'm glad you were able to get together. I too like the comment about Chantel looking pure like Anee of Green Gables. hee hee hee

P.S. What's wrong with your orange sweater? I think it looks good on you. But, if you do decide to get rid of it, I know this really great friend of yours that wouldn't care what it looked like on her b/c she loves it so much and she would gladly take care of it for you! ;)

Chantel said...

Thanks for coming to visit the kids and I loved it and the kids are now planning for next time.

The recipes are closely guarded secrets but I will consider sharing.

Anne of Green Gables?!?!?

michelle said...

For the record, I think that sweater is cute on you.

The only thing better than being with old friends is having all the kids get along!

I know quite a bit about sassy third children...