Thursday, January 22, 2009

Found, Lost, Found

Last Thursday when I was in Olivia's classroom at school, I found a $20 bill in my jeans pocket. I was so happy because I never, ever find money like this. I carefully put it in the pocket of my coat and zipped it so I wouldn't lose it.



An hour later, as I left the school, I took my keys out of that same pocket (and felt the bill in there) and climbed in my car. Fast forward to another hour later, as I got to the store with Olivia, said money was now gone. What a disappointment.

Fast forward again, to today. I went in to the school. I was about to leave the office after signing in, when I realized that I should ask them if anyone found the money last week. I knew it had been a long time and that it would take a really, really honest person to turn it in, but I did it anyway. I was surprised when the secretary told me, "Yes, someone did turn in your money." She first asked me what day I lost it (to see if I could accurately answer) then said that a woman had brought it in a few days later, and asked if she could keep it if no one claimed it. The secretary had put it in a drawer waiting to see if anyone came for it. I was SO happy that someone honest turned it in! That made my day. Thank you so much, to whoever you are, for being honest!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Whooo Hooo!

I love it when I find money tucked in a pocket or in a random pocket in my purse!

Now you had better go spend it quick -- before it disappears!

Britney said...

I agree with Heidi!!!! Yippee!!! I LOVE it when I find money --although, that doesn't really happen very often.

I'm so glad someone was so honest and turned it in. That's pretty cool. Maybe you should buy them a small present with your $20. :)
Okay---it was me. I found it and turned it in. :) How 'bout that present?

Jamie said...

Wow! That really boosts my confidence in humanity. that is so cool that someone actually turned it in.

Cecilia said...

It's nice to know that honest people still exist.

Natasha said...

I would love to find $! And how nice that someone was honest enough to turn it in!

Jill said...

I'm so glad someone turned it in! That's weird that you checked it twice and then found it missing again. It's the case of the mysterious $20 bill!

Bond Girl 007 said...

Oh wow...what a 20 can do...it is true. Ohhh soo many emotions. I agree hooray with honesty.

Shauna said...

Honest people are so cool.
Finding money you didn't know you had is cool too.

Diana said...

how very awesome. I love finding money but usually for me it's like a dollar or something

michelle said...

Woohoo! I never find money in pockets, that would totally make my day.

Don't you love honest people? I lost my camera at the wood park in P.G. when Lucas was a little baby. I went back and put up fliers and somebody called me and gave it back! I never thought I'd see that camera again...