Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mellow Saturday

I can't believe it snowed today!! It's so weird that we're just starting October and we've had snow. Do you think that Fall is over or will it warm up a little more for the rest of the month so we can enjoy Fall? I don't think I am ready for snow! Olivia's last soccer game was today at 12:00 and I was not excited to sit out in this weather! It was a mix of rain and snow while we drove there, but thankfully it calmed down during the game and wasn't too bad. Just a drizzle. Olivia was pretty indifferent about her last game. She participated, but she was just going through the motions. Her poor coach! He gave them their medals today and was so funny as he handed them out. He commended Olivia for her "spunk" and enthusiasm. Overall her team had 1 win, 2 ties, and 5 losses. Let's just say they had fun and weren't concerned with winning. It's all good, right?



I came home and watched Made of Honor while I worked on some stuff for Primary Sharing Time. I've been copying, coloring, and will be laminating this week. Lots of fun. I'm discovering my inner child. Do you ever find yourself enjoying coloring more than your kids? I tried to talk Ashley into coloring with me the other day but she wasn't interested. Today she decided to color, but unfortunately it was the toys she was coloring. Thank goodness for washable markers. The movie was pretty good, but I do think that Patrick Dempsey has the curse of Jennifer Anniston and some others who try to break into movies and can't get out of their TV character. He just seems the same in all his movies. Sorry Patrick. I still enjoy you!

Jared took Austin out to see the rugby movie and look at new bikes since he's grown out of his. Luckily, Olivia is overjoyed at the thought of inheriting his old bike and has basically confiscated it already! She refers to it as "my bike" and rides it all the time. I put the training wheels back on Olivia's princess bike, so Ashley has ridden it a few times, but she's not tall enough yet.

Yesterday I baked Oatmeal Raisin cookies, I haven't really had much pumpkin this week, other than Shauna's bookclub treats- a delicious butternut squash soup and frosted pumpkin cookies. Can't wait for those recipes! So delicious. I bought a butternut squash today, so hopefully I can make the soup this week! Here's a recipe for delicious cookies that I got from my old college roommate, Melissa.

PUMPKIN WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES



2 c. flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. clove
1 t. baking soda
1 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. pumpkin
1 egg
2 t. vanilla
2 c. white chocolate chips
2/3 c. macadamia nuts, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, clove and soda. Set aside.
3. In the mixer or a larger bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy
4. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
5. Gradually add the flour mix, don't overmix
6. By hand, add chocolate chips and nuts.
7. Drop onto greased cookie sheets
8. Bake 10-12 minutes, cool before removing from cookie sheet

5 comments:

Laura said...

Our soccer got canceled. I could watch any movie with Patrick Dempsey and it doesn't have to be good at all. Ha ha.

Shauna said...

I love to color! So does Sylus so we crack out the markers and crayons almost everyday. I find that he talks things over with me during these sessions. Very therapeutic.

These cookies look divine. So puffy and glossy and yummm.

michelle said...

Those cookies look good.

It snowed here briefly yesterday and then a bunch more overnight. I truly hope it warms up a bit and we get some more Fall -- I felt like it just got here!

Kim Sue said...

All the pumpkin recipes are amazing me...I don't like pumpkin pie so for years I have held that against pumpkin. Then I had some pumpkin stuffed ravioli which were fabulous. I should give one of your recipes a shot and give pumpkin another chance.

all the talk of snow is crazy. It is back to shorts weather here. I think it was in the 80's the past 3 days.

Diana said...

i love all your posts. It's fun to come to your blog and have so much to read.
I really want to see made of honor.
What's your calling in Primary?
all these pumpkin recipes are great, thanks for sharing.