
Did anyone watch the premiere of Kath and Kim? I am really disappointed with this sad attempt to imitate a funny Australian show. Some things just can't be re-created. I like Molly Shannon and Selma Blair is ok, but they have totally missed the mark on this show, which may not be their fault. Kath and Kim are trashy. They would not drive a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mustang. That is too upscale for them- they are supposed to be tacky. I think the accent is 1/2 of what makes it so good. The American version is totally missing that. And Kim is supposed to be Ms. Muffin Top herself. Selma Blair's pathetic attempt to gain 10 pounds and look like she is squeezing out of her pants completely failed. C'mon, get into the part Selma! Call Renee Zellweger and get some tips! Based on the numbers this show is not going to last long...

If you want to see the real thing, go to YouTube
Kath and Kim official website
One thing Aussies know how to do pumpkin. This is from an Australian magazine called Donna Hay (she's like Martha Stewart's Aussie counterpart)
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FETA LOAF
1 lb. butternut squash
2 T. yeast
1/2 c. warm water
1 onion
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1 T. fresh chopped rosemary
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
3 c. flour
8 oz feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and chop 1 lb butternut squash. Place in roasting pan. Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
3. In a bowl, combine 2 T. dry yeast and 1/2 cup warm water (about 100 degrees). Stand for 15 minutes until it foams.
4. In a food processor combine 1 onion roughly chopped, 1/2 c. olive oil, 1/2 c. milk, 2 eggs, 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. sugar
5. Mix 3 c. flour. onion mixture, and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover the bowl and let rise an hour or until double.
6. Add 8 oz. feta cheese and pumpkin to the dough and mix well.
7. Spoon into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until cooked through when tested with skewer.
8. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
2 comments:
I'm not feeling it on that show, I'll bet the Aussie version is much better!
I have had no desire to see that show at all. I don't know what it is but all the promos look so dumb.
Post a Comment