After school we'll head to Grandma Dot's (my mom's mom) to visit, show her our costumes, take photos, and get the yummy caramel apples she makes for us every year. From there, we'll go to Adam and Amy's house for dinner and Trick or Treating with all the cousins. It's a great family tradition.
These are the thank you bags I made for the 4 other mothers who are helping out with Austin's class party, and also for my kids' teachers. They're filled with my mom's caramel popcorn, a family favorite. Hope they like it!
HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!
Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake
Crust:
Mix the following, then press into bottom of spring form pan
1 c. crushed graham crackers
3 T. butter, melted
2 T. sugar
Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees, cool on rack
Filling:
16 ounces (2 bars) cream cheese, softened- cream together first on medium speed
1 ¼ c. sugar- add slowly, scrape bowl often
Add the following on low speed:
¾ c. sour cream
16 ounces pumpkin (one can)
2 T. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
½ tsp. allspice
¼ tsp. salt
4 eggs- one at a time, just until blended
Wrap foil around the bottom of pan to ‘seal’ the crack around the bottom. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of crust. Set into roast pan (water bath) and pour boiling water up to 1 inch deep. (Skip this step if baking in steam oven) Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until the center barely jiggles.
Remove from water bath, spread the following topping on, then return to water bath and bake 5 more minutes.
Topping:
1 c. sour cream
3 T. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Chill on wire rack. Discard foil and loosen the sides of pan and use knife to prevent cracking the cake. Cool completely. Chill 6 hours in fridge before serving.
14 comments:
I just have to say I've had this popcorn and it is divine!! It's seriously the best. After all of the sugar I've had today this still looks good! I'm a hopeless sugar addict!
The kids look great. I hope you guys have a great halloween too.
You had quite the full day, but it's so enjoyable to see how much fun they have.
I think your kids looked so cute in their costumes. I love our tradition of hanging out on Halloween night.
I hope your knee feels better.
Well, who wouldn't love getting some of your mom's caramel corn??
Austin did a great job doing his own makeup. I wasn't too thrilled about getting everyone ready in the morning, but after our costume parade I was glad to be out and about earlier than usual. Hope your Halloween was great.
Sounds like you had a crazy day. Mine was very much the same. I love Halloweens so much but am not used to the added stress of getting my kindergartener ready before school and being in charge of Maya's class party. YIKES!!! I am so glad it is over now. Your kids all look so cute! You need to post this famous popcorn recipe. It sounds yummy!!!!
Your popcorn bags look so festive and that recipe looks mighty tempting to me. YUM!
Cute costumes! I have a great picture of Olivia and Belle together in their costumes. I am going to have to make the pumpkin spice cake. I don't think that recipe is in my pumpkin book. Your blog is really not good to read while I am fasting!
I just looked it up and i do have it in my book. how were the cinnamon rolls?
You gotta love Halloween morning! But I do like getting a picture of the kids in the morning too. They just look so much better than they do after school. I hope you had a great night with your family!
Oh & I think you saved the best recipe for last. I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake!
OMG...that cheesecake is about to make me cry...I can't wait to try that recipe! Thanks Rob...and hey, great looking babies you've got dressed up darling there!
adorable costumes. I love it
Cute costumes! Sounds like a busy day! I'll bet your kids loved having you there.
Love the cute costumes! I've heard all about your Mom's delicious popcorn from Claudia and she just raves about it.
Esther
That cheesecake looks so delicious the fact that pumpkin makes me want to puke is now completely irrelevant.
The kids look sooo cute I can't believe how grown up Olivia looks. You better start building the tower to put her in.
Hail to the pumpkin cheesecake recipe. :) I made it for my birthday cake this year, but had to make sure I gave some of it away or I seriously would have eaten the whole thing. YUM!
Post a Comment