I don't enjoy the word "dump" used along with a cake... but the method for this one does include some dumping, so I guess it's appropriate. My friend Britney renamed this one Pumpkin "Crumb" Cake instead. I like that name better. She served it at baby Liam's blessing last week and it was so good.
Even my brother Adam, who never, ever eats pumpkin, in any form, admitted he's had this one and enjoyed it. His daughter, Megan, was so excited to tell me last night that she tried pumpkin pie and liked it. Yeah! So maybe there is another member of the Maher clan who shares my pumpkin obsession. Ok, not that she's reached my level yet, but... I am happy to have another fan in the family.
PUMPKIN CRUMB CAKE
4 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 lg. can pumpkin
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. cloves
(nutmeg opt.)
1 can evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. butter
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
Combine all ingredients from eggs through nutmeg. Then add one can evaporated milk and stir. Pour into 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with one box yellow cake mix. Dot with 1 cup butter. Add pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Sorry I've got no photo. It's one of those that doesn't look really amazing in photos anyway. You just have to try it for yourself.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I like the new name Pumpkin Crumb Cake a lot better too :)
It sounds delish....I'll give it a try!
Sounds delicious, and I agree "dump" and cake should never go together...thanks for all the delicious pumpkin recipes they have been fun to follow, I keep wondering what else you could possibly make with pumpking and you post another, it is fantastic!
I agree with you about the word "dump," but judging by the ingredients it sounds super good.
This is an awesome "crumb cake"! I called Britney on Saturday morning and got this recipe. It was so good I just had to make it along side the "pumpkin" bundt cake on Sunday. Both great! I think I'm going to "pumpkin" my family out pretty soon.
I agree that pumpkin crumb cake sounds much better! I don't know if my family can handle all of the pumpkin things I want to make now.
yum yum I love anything pumpkin. I'll definitely have to make this sometime soon.
Ah, I love the term dump cake! (apparently I have the sense of humor of a 5 year old) I make a dump soup that is a favorite around here. This looks fantastic- I can't even tell you how happy my kitchen has been this last week with your recipes!
Post a Comment