Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yaddi Yadda

So I am having one of those weeks where you just feel blah. I have gone to post something a few times, then stopped with this blank feeling, like I have no idea what I want to say. Not sure what that is about. I am feeling somewhat better as far as the sinus stuff goes. I am not sure if it's just that the weather has changed, cooled down, or b/c it rained so there are less allergens in the air??? Don't know. Coincidentally, my appt with the ENT is this Friday. I hate that. Not that I still want to be completely miserable like I was 2 weeks ago when it was at its worst, but now I feel like I shouldn't go to the ENT. But you know that if I cancel the appt, it will get worse next week, right? Sometimes my life feels like Murphy's Law.

Anyway, it was nice to have the day off on Monday. We took the kids out to lunch and went to Barnes and Noble to look around and play. The kids just love it there. I wish I had enough money to buy all the books they want. I love that my kids LOVE to read. I love books just as much as they do. I could spend a lot of money in a bookstore if I bought all that I wanted. Austin wanted the entire table of Star Wars books. He was really sad that we didn't buy him all that he wanted, but he had earned a new PS game that we were going to buy that day, so I wasn't going to add to the total. I also got him a few books last week on Amazon, The Dragon Slayer's Academy books that he likes. He's read the first 5 and wants some more. His teacher asks them to keep a chapter book in their desk at school, I guess for free time and reading time, so he needs some new ones. Olivia and Ashley had a pile of books they wanted too, as well as every stuffed animal from the kids' section. After we left there, we went to FYE and Austin chose some kind of water sports action game for the PS. He loves it.

That night we had a nice FHE. I am so glad that my kids love to have Family Night and look forward to it. Ok, I know the treats help, but last time Olivia said, "Can we read more scriptures?" at the end so I am feeling like something is getting through. We read from the illustrated scriptures at night, currently the Old Testament, but since school started we've been reading 5-10 verses from the Book of Mormon before the bus comes. The kids have been so cooperative, it's been good. I kind of feel like that is 'real' scripture time. It's great that they get on the bus at 8:45 so we have time to do that.

Can't remember what I did Tuesday, but Austin had a game that evening. Wednesday I had my first Primary meeting. OH YEAH! I got a new calling! I guess I could write about that! Ha. I am just the secretary, but it's nice to do something different. I have been the Primary secretary before, so I have an idea of what it entails (a lot of tedious paperwork) but lots of fun being involved with the kids too. And I only have to do Sharing Time on 5th sundays, so it's not a tough job. My mom was just called to be the Relief Society President in the same ward, so we're both doing new stuff and getting busy all of the sudden. After my meeting I helped Olivia with her Star of the Week poster, then took her to soccer practice at 4. Austin should have gone to practice at 6 but I found him asleep on my bed at 5:30 and didn't think he could recover in time. I let him skip. After dinner we had our own practice in the backyard which he called "Family Fun Time" and it was a lot of fun. It must be his age, he seems to really crave time with mom and dad and doing things as a family. I hope it's not b/c he is feeling deprived in that area! I think we do a lot together but his little spirit is not being satisfied, so I need to try harder. He said, "Let's do this every night". Aww.

Today I didn't have a run so I did my Tues/Thurs workout, which is usually weights for arms/legs and abs. If I have time I will do a short yoga or pilates workout too. On weeks I have a long run on Friday or Saturday, I don't do a lot of leg stuff b/c I don't want to be sore for the run. Yesterday we had a 7 mile run, which should be easy, but my right leg was being weird. I am worried it's IT band syndrome by the way it feels. I tried to do lots of yoga stretches when I got home to open up that hip and stretch that area. The physical therapist I have seen a few times says that my right hip is really "locked up" and my body is compensating for it. That's why I have some issues with my right knee. I guess I need to go back to him for some more torture, I mean treatment. It's so painful but I know it really makes a difference. Tomorrow we have a 12 mile run so I am praying that my leg is ok. I should do some good stretches tonight. The marathon is just 2 weeks away!!! AAAH! do I really want to do this?! I am getting nervous.

After my workout, I cleaned the bedrooms and bathrooms and did some laundry. At 11:15, I went to the kids' school b/c I wanted to have lunch with Austin and pick up Olivia but I found out that he eats at 11:05! (I tried to call but the phone number is not listed yet- not that I could find anyway) So he hasn't even been at school for 2 hours when he eats lunch. And he still has 4 hours to go, he must be starving by the time he gets home. I should have checked beforehand but I didn't think it would be that early. Olivia doesn't get out until 12:08 (random time) so I had to kill like 40 minutes until she got done! I went to Austin's class to tell him I was sorry I missed lunch b/c I knew he'd be sad. He was ok. I am going on Monday. Then Ashley and I walked around and checked out the new school. It's 2 floors and I haven't been upstairs so I roamed around looking at the media center (they just finished it and are putting together bookshelves right now, no books in yet). All the 3-6 classes are upstairs and the schoolyard walks out from the top floor. The lower floor has the gym/cafeteria, offices, and all K-2 grades. They finally finished the outside of the school, but the kindergarten playground still isn't finished. :-( for Olivia. They do go outside and play, but no playground. When Olivia was done (after all that waiting) I found that she wanted to ride the bus and didn't want to ride with me!! Typical! So I went home and got some lunch ready for me and the girls. Then Ashley went to bed and Olivia and I did reading time, then played some Play Station. She wanted to do Austin's new game and I had no idea what to do. I turned it on and it made me seasick/dizzy just to watch it. NOTE: This is a sign of old age!!! It's a sea doo thing that you have to drive through courses and do jumps, etc. I can't control the thing. I am such a novice when it comes to these games. I handed it to Olivia and said, "Here you go. Good luck." She ended up switching to Sing Star, thank goodness.

Well I guess I had more to say than I thought. What's keeping you busy this week?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Robyn, I'm sorry you have been feeling low. I have felt the same way at times and find it hard to make myself do the things I have to do let alone find something I want to do. But it sounds like you have been doing a lot with your family which is nice. And having your loving family around you is probably the best cure for the blah's.

I think it's great that your kids love to read as much as you do. And I totally understand the desire to spend some serious money at the book store!

I hope you have a good week and that you continue to feel better! I think your amazing! Lets get together soon!

Laura said...

I am really enjoying reading your blog. You are inspiring me to be more diligent with our scripture study. My twins just run in circles when I do it but who cares.

I keep wanting respond to your email (and I will). It's just I have a lot to say so it will take a while. I am in Sandy. Maybe we can get together some time. Wouldn't that be weird?!

You did have a lot to say... So keep on posting. I have blah moments on my blog more than I would like.

michelle said...

Your mom is R.S. president now?? Wowza.

Too bad you couldn't get into the ENT sooner -- that's just the kind of thing that happens to me and makes me crazy.

Cecilia said...

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling kind of blah.
I know it's hard, we all have blah moments, but I think you're doing great with your kids and family, and that's what really matters.
We should have a girls lunch or movie one on these days....I'm up for it whenever you want.
Hugs

Elizabeth said...

Good luck with the allergies.

Britney said...

Wow. I'd say you've been pretty busy, but it sounds like good busy -- lots of family time.

A new calling huh?! Well, it should be a piece of cake for you since you've done it before and I'll bet the kids will love having you in there.

Hang in there with the sinus stuff -- how did the ENT go? You already went didn't you?