Wow, it's finally here! Olivia started school today. The poor girl has been asking me every day for the past 2 weeks, "Do I go to school today, Mom?" I had to keep telling her how many days left until the first day. To say she was excited is an understatement, she was ecstatic to begin her school career. Her backpack has been packed and ready for at least 3 weeks. She set out her clothes on Saturday- pants with the top, shoes, socks, etc. It's just adorable to see how ready she is for this big change in her life. It's so comforting for me, as her mother, to know that she's not nervous or scared to make this transition.
We made a special breakfast of French Toast, which she quickly rejected and asked for Rice Krispies. Oh well, Austin enjoyed 3 pieces. I guess that makes up for the lame breakfast he had on his first day! Olivia disappeared to her room soon after breakfast and I found her doing her hair, she had it twisted into a bun, and putting on her socks. Soon we were ready to go out and meet the bus. After taking some pictures of the kids, we walked down to the bus stop.
I couldn't believe that she was about to get on the bus and ride to school- it just seemed like such a big thing to do. And here she was, completely ready for it. I was glad that Austin was there with her. Not that he is usually a doting, loyal big brother or anything, but he was pretty good this morning and seemed to be in a 'nice' mood. These days you never know with him!
There she goes! With a big smile on her face, she drove off for her first day... I hope it's a great one. I love you Olivia!
16 comments:
She looks so cute and grown-up. I love the pic on the bus. Wow, two kids in school! Do you have lots of plans for during the day? How nice to only have 1 at home!
congrats to Olivia. It's great she's so excited for school. I hope you're doing alright with it. Maybe she'll come home reading War and Peace and then you can tell your friend all about it. (he he)
The pictures are beautiful!
Congratulations, Olivia! That is so exciting! Maya's first day is next week and she too has been asking EVERY day. We sure can't wait!
I hope you are doing all right. I can't believe how sick you have been.
What a cutie. Starting kindergarten is such a big step. Once you have an older one its seems bigger because you know how fast the school years go.
My oldest started today and Jacob starts tomorrow. I am feeling kind of sad to have him go.
It's so cute that she got to go on the bus! My kids have only ever been on buses for field trips, so that's foreign to their school experience.
It seems like she's been ready for kindergarten for about 3 years now! I'm sure she'll do great.
Congratulations Olivia -- you look so grown up and purple is definitely your color!
It's so nice that she has an older brother to help her manage the bus and be there to make sure she gets home safe and sound. Just what big brothers are for!
I love the pictures!
hopefully she will stay that excited about it :o)
Congratulations Olivia on your first day of school! You are growing up so fast! I hope you continue to love school this much forever.
P.S. I LOVE kindergarten!
yeah for olivia (and you)! I think it's hard to watch the little kindergarteners going on the bus--they always looks so small. It's nice she has a big brother to kind of keep an eye out for her :)
I love the picture of Olivia looking out of the bus window!!
She's a radiant little girl. I wonder if my skin was ever that pretty.
What a big girl!!! I can't believe she was fine to go on the bus....Were you ok after they left??? I hope so!
We should do lunch one of these days, now that we have some free time!!!
wow....wow kids are sooo cute robyn...all grown up!
It's crazy to see them off together on the bus, but how great that they have each other. I know what you mean about wanting to go to school. Poor Megan is dying here with me at home when all she wants to do is be at school like her sisters.
Enjoy Ashley! Isn't it great to finally get that one on one time with her.
Wow, Olivia looks just like you! She is so cute and Kindergarten, holy cow, has it really been 5 years since she was born?! How fun, congrats by-the-way on the 1/2 marathon, that is incredible!
So cute that you got a picture of her on the bus!
Jemma is also anxiously awaiting her first day. It's hard when the older kids start first.
On my food blog - there are recipes there, and the menus have links.
what a big milestone! I love that last picture of them on the bus, that is priceless, Robyn.
Post a Comment