Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun family night



On Monday night we planned to take the kids to the park for a picnic and to play. We packed up some things for dinner and headed over to the park we had in mind. As we drove, we passed a few other parks and Austin kept saying, "I don't want to go to that one," "I don't want to go to this one" and finally we arrived at our destination. He went, "Oh, this one... I like this one." It's a good thing, b/c by the time we arrived at the park, I was ready to tell him to sit in the car!



We set out our blanket and had some sandwiches, chips and salsa, canteloupe, etc. The weather was just perfect- it was a beautiful evening. I could have sat there all night long. We read the last chapter in our Old Testament book and had a little cheer with the kids for finishing. Later, at home, we had some ice cream to celebrate.



Here's my sweet little Ashley- I love this photo with the wind in her hair. She is so full of life and energy. She talks a mile a minute in her little Italian accent, "You wanna have-a some lipstick?" (she's obsessed right now) or "You have-a some-a lipstick in-a your pocket?" She cracks me up.



I love this view of the wide open field and the mountains in the background. It's just begging for children to come and play.



Jared took this shot of me with the kids. I wasn't in a photogenic mood since I had already blown my nose 12 times since we arrived at the park and my eyes were itchy and watery (one bad thing about a beautiful, breezy day = allergies and sinusitis!) But that wasn't going to get me down. We had a great time playing frisbee, soccer, and baseball. I'm so thankful that we live in such a beautiful area and we can go to places like this whenever we want.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

It sounds like you had a great night! What a way to spend a family night.

I love the pictures, especially the one of the sky (the blues are amazing) and the one of you and the kids -- you looks amazing I would never guess you were so sick!

Kim Sue said...

glad you guys had a wonderfu family night at the "right" park and the picture of you and the kids is great!

Britney said...

Love the photos! Sounds like a great way to spend an evening -- especially in nice weather!!!

Hope you're feeling better!!!!!!!

KaylynB said...

Sounds like a fun FHE. Since you are alsways so good to comment on my blog, I just wanted you to know that I do read yours. Also, since I have ridden the bus twice now, I wanted you to know that Austin is very sweet to Olivia on the bus and takes good care of her. When they get off the bus, he always sayes "Bye Olivia" and waves as he heads the other direction. It's nice to know that our kids are being nice to each other on their own accord when Mom isn't around to make them!!

Cecilia said...

What a great way to spend the evening!

Your family is beautiful!!!

Shauna said...

I too love the photo of Ashley and the wind. Good idea for family night. Change it up just a bit.

Bond Girl 007 said...

cute cute cute spt photo with your little darlings....