Monday, July 07, 2008

Miss Chatterbox



Ashley has made leaps and bounds with her conversation skills this week. Not that she was delayed or behind by any means, she has just decided in the past week to have full conversations. Austin even said to me the other day, "Mom, Ashley can have a conversation now." The change was so sudden and dramatic. The other day, she said while sitting at the kitchen counter, "I got this for my birthday". Now whatever it was, she didn't get for her birthday, but my mom and I were both amused by her speech. (The photos I chose here show her asserting her little independent self)



Since then, it's been everything under the sun...

"I can't find my backpack. Mom, where is it?"

"I want to read the princess book."

"I like that girl" (while watching So You Think You Can Dance)

"Where did Daddy go? Is he at work?"

"I trying to climb up here."

"My pants keeping get stuck right here. Mom fix it"

And so on.



She just cracks me up with her cute little voice and the clear, concise way that she enunciates everything and can communicate just what she wants. Last night I was telling her that the water bottle was mine and she said, "No, it's Nana's." I said, "It's not Nana's, it's mine." She said, with great emphasis, "YES, it IS Nana's". She seems not only to understand what to say but just how to say it too. For a 2 year old she just amazes me. I need to write down some more specific phrases and things she says b/c it just keeps me entertained all the time. She is so independent.



EDITED*I just went to fix her a snack and she said, "Mom, I want sprinkles on it" b/c she was having applesauce and she likes cinnamon on top. Then, she went to take her bowl into the family room and I said no. She looked at me with her eyebrows raised and said, "I just watching tv, Mom." Oh she is so funny. I love her.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so darling, that was very cute to have all of her new-found sentences...it does seem like they grow-up overnight

Kim Sue said...

I didn't journal or blog when mine was little and I really wish I had written down more of what my little chatterbox had said because she was a big talker. So make sure to write more down because she will grow up so fast.

Lindy said...

soooo cute. I've found that those little miss independents sure have a lot to say :)

Heidi said...

I agree it is great to document all the fun things your kids say. She is super cute and I think some of that independence cames from her mom! :)

Jamie said...

She is such a cutie and has the cutest personality!

Cecilia said...

She is too cute for words!!! I love her pics!

Britney said...

She is such a little cutie!!

amy gretchen said...

She is so cute, i love her little voice, and yes I know what you mean. I can't get my chatterbox to stop, but I still love it. I will be sad when it's gone.

I miss that dress.