I neglected to post a big event in the life of my sweet Olivia. Back in May, she learned how to ride a 2 wheeler! She decided one day that she wanted to take the training wheels off and I have to admit, I was skeptical. I told her that it might not be easy and that it takes practice to learn to balance, etc. etc. I felt I had to prepare her.
To my surprise, Olivia hopped on the bike and practically took off with no problem! She insisted I hold on to the seat, of course, for that mental security. But she didn't really need it. She did great. I love that she just dives into whatever she tries. She is the same with swimming, soccer, and anything else. She doesn't hold back. She gives it her all. I hope that she continues this trait as she grows older because I know it will really help her in life.
We went up and down the driveway a dozen times. She didn't even fall! Whenever she started to lean one way, she was quick enough to put her leg out and catch herself. We did it over and over again, and she was such a champ. Luckily, Nana was nearby to take some shots while I helped her out. You know I love to document these things.
She was so happy with herself. I love seeing those moments of success on my kids' faces. She was just beaming. As we went to put her bike away in the garage, I caught her with a big smile and a little fist down at her side saying, "YES!" Great Job Olivia! May 2008
12 comments:
That last picture of her is SO cute.
Good for Olivia, that is so great. Kira can't hardly push the peddles on her bike with the training wheels yet.
Love the fist-pumping action. Good job Olivia! That is a HUGE accomplishment!
WOW! That is impressive. Maybe I need to get brave and let Maya give it a try....or not. So cute!!!
That last picture of her is says it all!
She is way more coordinated than Ellie we tried to teach her this year and were less than successful. Way to go Olivia.
Great job Olivia!
The last picture is just PRICELESS!
Just checking out your blog again thought I'd add Kira learned to ride her bike just yesterday so a day after I told you she couldn't peddle, I guess she had to prove me wrong. I put a video of it on my blog. Sorry I missed book club, I so wanted to see everyone!
Way to go Olivia!!!!!!
I love the last picture of her too!
Oh wow...what an exciting thing to do! I still have engraved in my mind, my little brother's success...we were living in Huntington Beach at the time, and I remember pushing him off, and then staying with him for like 3 blocks, until he did it!...Alexei, I am sorry to say still uses the training wheels, but we don't go out biking at lot so he is not ready to go when it gets hard...he stops and does other things...I loved loved loved bikes and it was my sole medium of transportation until I was like 17....I am wondering if he will ever ride one! Even the tricicle was a hard thing to do, on the hills, he would just stop riding it!
what a big girl accomplishment and what fun that she is so proud of herself
That's a big milestone! Jumping in to new things and not holding back is definitely a trait that will serve her well -- I wish I had more of that. LOVE the last photo!
Post a Comment