
We're all registered and set to go. I am excited! My friend Heather, who I run with in the mornings, talked me into it the other day. Well, it was almost like she wanted ME to talk her into it. One of those dares when you both do something at the same time, you know? She said if I do it then she will. (no pressure, right?)
I have been debating between easing off running this summer, or doing a lot of races. I know, polar opposites... but my decision was based on how my knee was doing. It was bothering me after the SLC Half and I didn't want to push it and injure myself. Well I have been going light on it (about 12-15 miles per week) and it's gotten better. I have also been more diligent about icing it after running. Since I am usually cooling down and stretching out while I get the kids' breakfast, I don't have time to sit, elevate my leg, and ice it. However, I realized last week that I could just shove the small ice pack right up into my capri length running tights and it would stay against my knee while I do my morning stuff. It's worked beautifully. (this is the lazy man's way of treating an injury, I know) So I have noticed that my knee isn't as sore after I do that. Unfortunately, I still don't have the range of motion that I normally have on that leg so I probably need to see a physical therapist to see what's going on. I do some stretches which seem to help, but so far that is the extent of my therapy.

Heather is also trying to get me to do the Top of Utah full marathon with her in September. Aaah! I don't know... I am so hesitant and afraid to say yes, but that's how I felt when I signed up for the half marathon and I did it! I think if I work on the Hobble Creek for August and plan on doing TOU the following month, that could make for a good training plan. Hmm, I haven't registered and paid for that one yet, so you can see where my thoughts are on it... not sure yet.

The one I am very sure about, however, is the Provo 10K. Jared and I are doing this one too. I am looking forward to this because I have so many great memories of running around the streets of Provo during college. Since it's on July 4th, there will be the hot air balloon festival, the parade, kids fun runs, 5K, and the 10K. It should be a great atmosphere.

So that is my new plan. I feel good about it. The only problem is, my shoes are shot right now. I really need to go and get me some new Mizunos. I am a dedicated fan- I just love them. I need to figure out if I need a different model though, because lately my arches have really been hurting after long runs (they are really flat) so I might need to get something that supports more. I can't wait b/c whenever I get new shoes I feel so re-energized and renewed.
10 comments:
WHat a nice surprise to see a comment from you on my blog! Way to keep the motivation up. There's nothing quite like an upcoming race to get your booty out on the streets! You have an amazing body ( I thought that at the party) and now I know why! Good luck in your training!
Robyn you're a such a inspiration to me. I just need to get brave enough and actually start running like I said I would at the Blog Party. Maybe I will run the 10k with you on July 4th. What do you do with your kids while you're running???
I bet new shoes will help the arch and the knee :)
glad to see you over at my blog, thanks for coming by and leaving a comment - come back soon
I am doing Hobble Creek and the 10k! So fun. I pretty much looked up races the weekend of the SLC 1/2 so I could commit and not lose my momentum. You would rock the Top of Utah- I hope you do it!
August 23rd is pretty special day and you will be spending over here in my neck of the woods!
I think it is so great that you have set goals and accomplished them. Your success gives me hope that I can do it too.
The 4th of July 10K will be so much fun! I love the 4th in Provo. Make sure you wave to Miley Cyrus for me!
And good luck finding a new pair of shoes.
oh my goodness you running girls, the only race I am interested is in running to the mall, or running to a restaurant or running somewhere...but figuratively speaking hehehhehehehhehe
Robyn you never cease to inspire me, I just need to get off my fanny and follow your example--I am still in the state of mind that not EVERYONE can be runner, it has been a long time since I ran....maybe someday, keep running races so I can be amazed by you!
That icing the knee move is true mother multitasking. Good luck with the next race.
Apparently running is addictive for those who take it up. I hope your knee cooperates with you.
I love the ice-the-knee multitasking move. I hope it starts feeling better for you! I say just listen to your body as you start piling on the miles and, if it feels good, go for the marathon in Sept. You are awesome!
Post a Comment