
Dear Blog Readers,
This letter is from Jared's cousin and his wife. They are desperately trying to adopt a second child. Their first, Miles, was adopted 2 years ago and they are just dying to have another and build their little family. If you know of anyone who might be in a situation to put a child up for adoption, or hear any word, please pass it on. At the bottom you can link to their blog, and from there to their LDS Services profile.
Letter from Luke and Emrie:
Ok, so we've thought about this long and hard after a suggestion from a friend.
We've been looking, searching, and praying for another addition to our family for a year now with no luck. We've come to the realization that we can't do it on our own, so we're hoping to enlist the help of our wonderful, loving, caring family and friends. Imagine how eternally indebted we would be if YOU were the one to find us our next child?!? No, really! You could be the lucky one to help us expand our family.
I know you're thinking, "what can I do to help?" It's simple, the next time you're at your ob/gyn (sorry boys, please pass this on to the girls in your life), ask them if they see any girls who are interested in placing or who are single, pregnant and scared. Then you say "would you mind if I gave you some information about some friends of mine who are hoping to build their families through adoption?" Easy, peasy! Be bold! Spread the word, talk about us, be an adoption advocate! You might also know a friend of friend who is an adoption lawyer or have a connection with the guidance counselor at the high school. These are other great places to hand out our pass along cards. Remember that adoption profile card we handed out with our Christmas cards? We have loads of them and will gladly send you more if you decide to make the effort and help us find a baby or two or three ;) Miles needs some brothers and sisters!
We love you all. No pressure, none at all, but we've prayed about this, and the answer is that YOU are our answer :) No pressure.
Love,
Luke, Emrie & Miles Stoten
Luke and Emrie's Blog
2 comments:
I'm glad you went public again :). Since I don't have private blogs linked, I forget to check them sometimes.
I wish I knew someone too, but alas I don't. You never know though. If you get so many people to keep their eyes and ears open, something may turn up.
I will keep them in mind, though I don't know anything helpful right now.
Post a Comment