This past weekend marks the beginning of what we call "Birthday Alley" in our family. From here on out, the birthdays keep coming and coming. Jared's birthday was the 16th, Ashley's is the 20th, my SIL Amy's is the 25th, then my brother Adam's is March 5th, my dad's is March 17th, niece Bella's is March 24th, mine is April 24th and Olivia's is April 25th. We then have one each month of the following months and it calms down a bit.
Here is Ashley with her princess cake. You might not be able to tell, but it's supposed to be a crown. The kids loved the Jujy fruit gems on the cake. I have no idea how people eat those. If I put one in my mouth I am immediately cursing the creator of that silly candy and spitting it out. You could lose a tooth trying to chew that stuff!
Here is Jared blowing out the candle on his requested dessert of vanilla ice cream with fruit cocktail on top. Don't ask me why that was his birthday dessert of choice, but I guess it's easy so no complaints here. Thanks Jill for covering the dessert!
Jared got a new ipod Nano from all of us for his birthday. He's been working with a first generation Shuffle for a long time now (with no complaints) but it was time to graduate to a higher level and more GB's! There you go babe, load it up with all the Phil Collins and Bryan Adams your heart desires! Good times!
Ashley got some fun gifts too- an oversized coloring book, a Barbie DVD, 2 books, a Princess dinnerware set, etc. She loved the fairy card my mom gave her too. Her face was so funny when she saw it!
Here's all the kids around the table for the birthday celebration. It cracks me up how the kids always take up the table and the adults are standing around. I guess it's cause we eat in the dining room at the big table and they gravitate to the smaller kitchen table... but when we end up in there for cake this is what happens. They are all so funny and LOUD. It's good to see the cousins having fun together and happy to see one another.
Nana and Papa gave Ashley a cute dinner set - a princess plate, cup, and bowl. She thought it was so cute, but because it was such an Olivia-type thing, she immediately handed it over and said, "Here go, Yaya." (Here you go, Olivia). We had to convince her that it was really hers to keep, not Olivia's.
6 comments:
I love reliving yesterday's activities and finally getting to see all that I missed. The photos of Ashley are great! (You too, Jared.)
Happy Birthday Jared and Ashley! Sounds like such a fun party. Ahsley looks like she was having a blast. She is so sweet to have wanted to give her dinnerware set to Olivia. So cute.
We know all about that Birthday Alley, though, except ours is in the fall. Poor Andy, by the time his bday comes in November, everyone is partied out!
I love that Ashley handed the princess bowl to Olivia--so sweet. I love her face when she saw the fairy card--it's always the smallest things they get most excited about.
Ashley was the perfect birthday girl, so animated, cute, non-fit throwing, happy recipient. It was fun to watch her.
That little face is so cute. I love the crown cake. And the idea of ice cream with fruit cocktail on top is a new one, but I could go for that. Not bad! This is at least a good time of year for birthday alley, other than the fact that Easter is in the mix too!
She is so sweet. I love her with her cake. Just like a 2 yr old to love a card as much as a gift. So cute.
Phil Collins and Bryan Adams for Jared, huh? That made me laugh.
Post a Comment