Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Revolution



We experienced a revolution in my family this weekend. A Dance Revolution, to be more specific. We LOVE it!! I got my parents DDR Extreme 2 for Christmas and we opened it early on Saturday after our Freeman Family Christmas party. It was so much fun. We were dancing all over the room. I think the kids were looking at us a little crazy, like "What is going on here?" Normally we sit on the couches and talk, hang out in the kitchen, maybe play a board game or whatever... but nothing like this:



It was funny to see Adam and Amy going at it. She is a good dancer and was totally ready to kick some DDR butt. I have NO rhythm or coordination so it wasn't really a question whether or not I was going to reign supreme. Amy, however, was very surprised when Adam actually beat her on a really hard one. It cracked me up! Both Adam and Randy did really well. It will be fun to see how Jared does once he gets here. I always tease him that he's a "boy band wannabe". He totally sings and dances at home. If you don't have this game yet, I would highly recommend it. You could even give it to one of your kids for Christmas (they'll never know it's really for you!)

We are all giving my parents games like this for Christmas so that we can play them together when we are at their house. Guitar Hero and Sing Star are next on the list.



While all the adults were going crazy dancing in the basement, the kids were outside playing in the snow. I LOVE the fact that we got more snow this weekend. It's beautiful. I guess I am just so happy to be having a WHITE Christmas this year instead of a hot and sweaty Christmas (not that there's anything wrong with that). My kids can't get enough of it. I want to go to Costco tomorrow and get those awesome Ski-Doo sleds they have (they'll probably be gone!) and take them sledding this week. In Utah you never know how long the snow is going to stick around.



On Saturday evening we took advantage of Lori's haircutting skills. She cut Austin's mop and then trimmed Olivia's hair. They both look a lot better now. Thanks Lori!



The one who really needs a haircut is Ashley. With her 2nd birthday just 2 months away, my poor little girl has hardly any hair. I try to put cute clips in but she just pulls them out. The only thing she will allow is a tiny ponytail on top of her head which ends up sticking straight into the air. Today, after she took out the rubber band, this is what her hair looked like. No gel or hairspray needed!



Status on Jared's return is still undetermined. We have been online every day, tracking the papers I sent to the consulate over a week ago. Once they receive these papers, they said his visa will be processed and he'll be good to go. So he is planning on flying out Wednesday (assuming his visa will arrive by mail on Tuesday). He will be on stand by- ready to take the first flight with a seat available. Don't you just love surprises? We have no idea what day he'll be flying, what city he'll be going to (SF or LA) or when he'll arrive here in Utah. At least it will be before Christmas right?

The good news is, things have been a little better with the kids the past couple days. I ended up grounding Austin and Olivia for two days, after last week's episode. That night they would not go to bed, were playing around, waking up Ashley and acting crazy throwing pillows at 9:45 pm. So after no TV, no friends, no Playstation, etc. for two days they are doing a little better.



Lucky for me, I was able to go out Friday night with some friends. Mom knew that I needed a break and was kind enough to let me go out (despite the fact that she had the family breakfast here the next morning). I helped her get stuff done all day, then met Britney at Costco about 4:30. We did some shopping then went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. At 6:45 we met Traci and Heidi (from our Provo bookclub) at the movies to see Dan in Real Life. Britney had four movie vouchers that were going to expire on 12/31 so she treated all of us. It was so much fun! We loved it. After, we got desserts at Magleby's and checked out some books at Borders. It was a great night. I didn't get to sleep until 1am, which wasn't a good idea with the family thing the next day, but oh well. It was worth it. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard that I was crying (that part was during desserts, but the movie was good too).

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DDR is SO fun. It is always interesting to me to see who is 'good' at it. Linc is WAY better than I am- crazy good.

Glad the kids are being better and you got an afternoon/evening out!

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh WHAT A FUN NIGHT! I need one of those...its been awhile, since Jill was here...Oh i would love to go see a new movie...adult one...I've had my share of the kids ones....that game sounds like fun. I've never heard of that game...sounds like fun though....where do you find it?

Jill said...

I am so stoked about DDR and the possibilities with the game system. It's going to be so much more fun when we get together.

Why were the haircuts in the kitchen? I want to see their finished look.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, that game sounds like it would be fun.....but I could only do something like that around people I was totally comfortable with. (I'm sure you've seen the people at the mall who totally get into it.) I have no coordination at all. From the looks of the pics, it seems like everyone had a BLAST! Maybe we'll have to check into that one.
And I have to say that I LOVE Ashley's hair! :D

Lindy said...

I would be awful at DDR, but it would be hilarious to watch me try. I realized I need your "new" address for Christmas cards--will you email it to me? Thanks!