
Sadly, we are on opposite sides of the world on our 8th anniversary. But we were able to talk on the phone earlier today, and Jared sent a beautiful bunch of flowers. He plans to be here in just over a week so we hopefully we can go out and have a real date then!!

8 years ago we were married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple, Am. Fork, Utah. It was a beautiful winter day. I loved that we got married at 2pm, giving us lots of time to slowly get ready in the morning. Our photos outside the temple were taken about 3:30 or so, so the sun was starting to set behind the mountains and the colors were gorgeous. We had a nice reception in Pleasant Grove, then drove up to Park City to Daniel's Summit Lodge. It was a great place to spend a honeymoon during the winter. Cozy fireplace in the room and a great cabin feel. Wish we could go back!
I would love to post a photo from each year of our marriage but my resources are very limited right now. All I could find was a photo from 2004, taken in Jill's living room.

I remember that year because Jared gave me an iPod mini and I have loved it so much. Maybe it's not really romantic, but it has been the best gift ever.

Thanks for the flowers and the phone call Jared! We'll go out and have a real date in a couple weeks, once we're both in the same hemisphere. LOVE YOU!
4 comments:
Oh how sweet...you were lucky a mini pod back then, I think we finally got one...now i can say i feel part of the universe. Anniversaries are such fun but it is hard to be far apart...I think I am planning to do what my newly wed 3 years...brother does...he does the festivities one year and her the next...that way the couple can out do each other and plan for a better and nicer one each time...I might try that. Those flowers are lovely and it is good to hear he is coming soon. I bet you have missed him...is he going back to wrap up things? after the holidays?
Sorry I couldn't be there in person. You are truely the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you so much and look forward to that date!
Happy Anniversary! I can't even imagine how hard that has been to be apart for so long. I'm glad he will be there soon. I'm sure the kids can't wait to see him, either. :D
Daniel's Summit Lodge looks incredible, I checked out the link.
happy anniversary!!
Post a Comment