Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pushin' maximum density



Anyone who has seen The Breakfast Club will remember the conversation...

"What's your name?"
"Claire."
"Claire?! That's a fat girl's name."
"It's a family name, and I am not fat."
"Oh yeah, well not at present, but I can really see you pushing maximum density."

Lately I am feeling like I am pushing maximum density. It seems that when you're leaving the country, everyone wants to take you to dinner, or have you over for lunch or dinner. In the past week I have had two great dinners at the Marriott, and this week there are more lunches and dinners scheduled. And right now we're eating whatever is in the cupboards, not necessarily the most healthy stuff. Plus Mom arrives and we won't have any food at home so we might be eating out alot. Oh, and I haven't had any time to exercise b/c I have been so busy. Hmm, do you think I have come up with enough excuses? Nevermind those two chocolate Tim Tams I just ate. Hey, I won't have them for much longer you know.



Last Saturday night we went to the Marriott's Lagoon Restaurant for Dad's birthday. It was a nice buffet- the desserts were great. I was really good and had lots of salad, steamed veggies and rice, etc for dinner but had two pieces of tiramisu (they were pretty small so does that equal one?) I was also very brave to try Moreton Bay bugs. It's some kind of crustacean. It didn't really taste like anything to me.



Looks so creepy. They cut it right down the middle and you scoop out the white meat. I can't believe I tried it- it was like my own personal Survivor challenge. I did it!! I don't even like any kind of fish or seafood.



Mum was in heaven surrounded by all the shrimp- she had a huge pile on her plate. I just can't look. Anything that has eyes looking back at you and requires peeling is a NO in my book!



L-R Rebekah, Mala, Rachel, Elise, Me, Kristy

On Thursday night Mala organized a girls' dinner at Benihana at the Marriott. Wow, was it good. So much food but delicious.



The chef was really funny throwing food all over the place. I think I came away with raw egg and fried rice on my shirt! It was a great night and I really enjoyed it. I will really miss the friends I have made here.

So tomorrow Olivia has her last gymnastics lesson. Her last day of preschool was on Friday and we took cupcakes. Austin's last day of school will be Halloween. I will probably make some cookies or something. His teacher lived in Virginia for 3 years so she loves Halloween and all things American. She is totally jealous that we are going back. She plans to move back for good in 2 years. After school, Austin has an appt for immunizations since we need to update some for his school in the States. The list is so long! Has chickenpox vaccine been required for long? I thought it was optional. Guess we gotta do it.

COUNTDOWN: 36 hours until Mom arrives!!!! 10 days until we leave for America

3 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh Robyn I love benihannas..that is where I celebrated every birhtday, for almost a whole decade...it was fun. So happy memories you are making.

Jamie said...

I LOVE the Breakfast Club!
And I say, live it up! Make memories. You will be leaving soon and your life in Australia will probably seem like a dream in a couple months.
Plus, you were still tiny on the mish, and judging from the pics, you still look great. :D

Jill said...

It's so nice that everyone is taking you out to say goodbye, even if it means you're pushing maximum density.