This weekend we began the process of packing up, sorting, and selling. This is the part I don't enjoy so much. It feels good to clean things out and get rid of the junk but I hate having to decide what should stay and what should go.
I went through the kids' toys and threw away all the crappy McDonalds toys with missing parts, the cheap dollar store toys we get from birthday parties, and anything that otherwise seemd to have no value. Luckily, the kids were distracted as I did this so I didn't have to put up with the usual, "NO, I want to keep that one" or "I love that one, it's my favorite!" I took a few grocery bags to the garbage. I also cleaned out the hall closet. The bottom shelves are full of the kids' games, coloring books, school projects, etc. I filled half the recycle bin with paper! I also went through the laundry room.
I packed Olivia's suitcase full of winter clothes, shoes, tights, etc. She added tap shoes, a few stuffed animals, stickers, and more. The poor kids are so confused about WHEN we are actually going and what they are taking. I am trying to explain that we aren't going quite yet and that we're just preparing for the packers/movers to come. Austin actually started packing a bag to take on the plane. I had to stifle some laughs. Olivia followed suit and this is what she put in her bag to take to America-
At least she chose her Book of Mormon as one of the vital items to take with her! The rest I am not so sure about...
After a few hours of cleaning and sorting, and trying to keep the kids occupied, we escaped to the beach. We went to Tallebudgera, one of our favorite places. It's a creek, free of waves, very peaceful and relaxing with kids. We can actually sit and watch them a few feet away without having to worry they'll be swept away in a current. I didn't want to leave. It was a nice day.
Today we went to General Conference in the morning, then came home and had some lunch and sorted through some bills while the kids played. Watched Australian Idol. Rove was a good one tonight. Good Charlotte and James Blunt were on- quite a good show. I have seen James Blunt on Oprah before but I dont' remember him having such a good sense of humor, he has a wickedly dry sense of humor I quite enjoyed.
4 comments:
I'm glad everything fell into place for you. And that your Mom will be there to help you.
All that packing sounds a bit nightmarish, except that the end goal is so desirable right?!
You do have a lot going on! Thank goodness that you have a wonderful end goal to keep you motivated. The cleaning out of party/ McDonalds toys always makes me giddy.
wow you are busy for sure...good thing you took time to go to that special beach...that is always a nice treat among the crazyiness of life...
Post a Comment