Sunday, September 23, 2007

Week in review



I thought I would do some photos to share what kept me busy this past week. It is long and boring so skip over it if you'd like. The top photo is my cheeky Ashley- she is such a character! This past week she has decided that she is no longer a baby and does not need to sit in her highchair when eating. She insists on sitting in a normal chair like Austin and Olivia. She does quite well, actually. She is keeping me on my toes.

Tuesday my friend Mala stopped over in the morning and we had a little play group with Caleb and Ashley. Ashley was SO excited to have a baby her age here. They are 5 mo. apart actually, but the same size. After that I met Prue at Magic Apple for the delicious Kofta balls. Yum. That night we had the missionaries to dinner and I made roast with potatoes, salad, rolls, etc.



On Wednesday morning I did the workout at the beach (where I slowly tore off the bottom layer of my feet!) then I volunteered at the gym. When I got home, I babysat Colby and Courtney (my niece and nephew) while Katherine and Mum went to lunch with friends and Susan did errands. The kids had a little tea party in the backyard. So much fun for them. Courtney, Olivia, and Colby were all born within one year. Olivia is the oldest. While they were here, a shipping guy came to look over my stuff and give me a quote. I felt so exposed- have you ever had anyone peering in all of your cupboards, nooks and crannies (sp?). A very odd experience. The good news is that he said we've chosen all the right things to ship and it shouldn't be too bad. Hmm, I think I will wait until I hear the number to determine what I think. Later that night I babysat Susan's kids (Nathan, Colby, Emily) while they went to dinner and a movie. Austin and Olivia had a great time playing with them. Ashley stayed home with Jared.



Thursday (and every day of the week up until Thursday) was all about prep for the big Enrichment activity. After a blood test in the morning (my naturopath is checking out my messed up hormones) I picked up a cake and some other drinks, etc. then met Debbie at the church. We set up sewing machines to make the pillow covers, a table for making hand puppets, another table for journals, etc. That night I got home about 10:30 after all the clean up, and I was so tired!




Here's Olivia, my princess, eating a Bean Burger (see prev.post for recipe). Do you like her ketchup creation?

On Friday Austin had the day off (one of those teacher prep days). He rode his bike with me & Ashley and we walked Olivia to preschool (it's about 10 min walk) Then we went to the store to get some things for the Elders Quorum activity that night - hosted by ME! Yes, all I needed was one more major event at my place. I went home and cleaned (my house was a total disaster after this week), did laundry, and baked a cake. About 1pm Prue showed up with my fav Kofta balls from Magic Apple (twice in one week, how lucky am I?) She was bribing me to buy some Mizunos on Ebay for her from America- I had to use my PayPal account. It was totally worth it. After that I went out with Austin to find Mala a bday gift since her party was that night. It was so hard to find something since she has everything and can afford to buy herself anything... do you know one of those people? Well I ended up getting the book "She" cause I think it's so unique and uplifting. I hope she likes it. After the shopping we picked up Olivia and went home to make food for the EQ dinner. I feel like I have been in my kitchen all week. My sweet Jared planned this without my knowledge so I was double booked for Mala's party.



Mala's party (L-R) Kristy, Kristy's mom, me, Mala, Elise, Rachel

I stayed at the EQ dinner until 7pm then Rachel and I headed to Kristy's house for the dinner there. Mala surprised us at the beginning of the dinner by announcing that she is pregnant! Very exciting news since they have to do IVF and it 'took' the first time so they are ecstatic. Baby and Caleb will be 21 months apart. The dinner was delicious and it was fun to hang out and chat with the girls. I needed a night like that after this week!



Saturday (yes, it goes on) was Austin's UN-birthday. I had promised my Christmas baby that he could have a 1/2 birthday this year. As you can see, it didn't quite happen that way... but I did my best. He was so excited to have a soccer party. By the way, Mom your card got here just in time! He loved it.



I made a soccer cake that morning and had tons of little prizes and soccer stuff for the kids. We scheduled it at a park and would you know it? It rained. Of course. The ONE day of rain all month and it happens on the party day. At least the boys were happy to play anyway and it didn't last long. Austin loved all of his stuff. We got him a skateboard, a baseball mitt/ball, some DK books, and a world map game. He loved the baseball the most. Such a little sports guy.



So that is my week. Don't know how I even have the energy to type! I am missing Rove so I must go.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Yeah, I know. And Elise is pregnant too! Not sure how many weeks apart they will be (Caleb and Taylor are one month apart). Also Rebekah Semaan, do you remember her? Her baby is about 9 months old. Crazy.

melanie said...

Long week! Lots of kid watching and church functioning. I need a girl dinner like that too.

The soccer cake turned out great!

Jill said...

Ashley is so cute I want to eat her up.

Your soccer cake turned out fabulously, you've got skills girlie girl.

Landon and Whitney loved listening to Austin's cute voicemail message. Whitney said, "He sounds British!"

Bond Girl 007 said...

the cake is sooo cute and festive...how fun boys really don't care about the weather most of the time, i think they still have fun