Monday, September 10, 2007

Under Lock and Key



I should have done this a long time ago! I thought about it and didn't act on it. See where it got me?! I apologize for abusing my blog. I am sorry that I aired my dirty laundry. Don't worry, it won't happen again! If you don't know what I am talking about, read the two posts below and you should be able to put the pieces together.

Anyway, I have invited some readers to my blog. Basically I went through the good mail list and invited all those that I was familiar with and felt comfortable opening the door to my blog. I hope that this can be a safe, happy place (said in the nicest, syrupy preschool voice) I enjoy the blogs that I read and I like that I have documented my thoughts and feelings over the past 18 months or so. It's been a good thing. However, for the past week I have been in a bad place. I don't know, I didn't feel like writing much, reading much, or being a part of the blogworld in general. I guess I was blaming the blog for my stupid mistake. It's not the blog's fault. I am the author, after all.

So I am starting over. I want to go back to the good relationship that I had with my blog. I want to make up. Welcome to my new blog!

12 comments:

jenn said...

Thank you for the invite Robyn! I'm sorry about the "incident" and hope things heal quickly. So nice that Diane likes to forgive and forget- I didn't read "the" post but have heard you say such nice things about her in other posts, hopefully everyone will understand.

I know Jared's family will be sad to have you leave, but how exciting for us to have you coming back! Good Luck with the whole process!

Even when I post infrequently, I am so happy for my blog and the record I make. I know you will fall in love with it again! :)

Bond Girl 007 said...

Hey, haven't catched up with you yet, but very happy that you are in the radar again--although i've been gone for quite a bit lately!

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry you have had to go through all this. I will be praying for you that all the timing will work out.

everything pink! said...

thanks for the invite!

jenny said...

Thanks for the invite. I will send you one for mine as well :)

Price Cream Parlor said...

Thanks for the invite. This sounds like a big move! Good luck!!

annalisa said...

That is totally something I would do! I'm not particularly worried about strange people reading my blog, so if I went private, it would be because I said something about someone and I wanted to control who I knew that read my blog. Because when I first started my blog, I did send my address to a bunch of people, people who aren't reading my blog, right? :)

Amie said...

Thank you for inviting me to your new blog. I read your last few posts but there are still a lot of holes for me... my fault for not keeping up with you.

Good luck with the next few months. I hope your transition goes smoothly and is as easy as possible. I was happy to see your parents for sale sign go down, it makes it feel real that you are on your way back.

I made my blog private a bit ago too, I will send you an invite incase you are interested.

melanie said...

Thanks for the invite! I'm with Jenn for as far away as you are, I find you one positive woman! I'm so glad you guys have some plans and are able to take steps to make it happen. Sorry it had to happen at all but I love that you said you learned a lesson. The hardest ones we learn are the ones we teach ourselves! (in my experience anyway)

Natasha said...

Thanks for the invite. I am sorry to hear you are going through this. It falls in what I call the "life's rough and it's tough to be an adult" sort of category! Hope things are looking up.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the invite! I feel honored to be able to read your blog.
Actually, I have considered doing the same thing because it is kind of weird to have my whole life kind of "out there", but I'm afraid my 77 year old grandma won't be able to do the username/password, etc. (sigh)

michelle said...

This seems like a good idea for you. The only thing I don't like is that my RSS reader doesn't seem to work with the private blogs, so sometimes I forget to check them!