We had a nice day today. I ran with Natalie this morning- a great run, another gorgeous day. Came home and made breakfast and did some clean up, pre-packing, etc. My brother in law Alan bought my office desk so I had to clean it off and empty it. No small task as I had it covered with stuff. It's 6 feet by 3 feet so it holds alot o'crap! Now the floor of my office looks a mess. Oh well, at least I can close the doors to the office and pretend it's not there!
After we got that out of the way (literally), we packed the kids in the car and headed to the beach. This was our first official beach day of spring. We have been here and there through the winter but not in our suits and ready to get in the water. Just to play in the sand, etc. This time the kids were all excited with beach toys and boogie boards in tow. We went with Susan (Jared's older sister) and Alan with their three kids Emily (9), Nathan (7) and Colby (4). The water turned out to be SO cold still. Too early in the season, I guess. They didn't really get in as much as they played near it.
We went to Currumbin, a bit further south than we usually go. I am not sure what you call it but it's where the creek flows into the ocean. This is the ocean side but we were back around the jetty on the creek side, so it was very calm, not as picturesque, but good for kids. We got to sit and relax and let the kids run around without having to worry about waves or crowds, etc.
The kids had a great time with their cousins. We hardly saw Austin and Olivia the whole time. Ashley, on the other hand, got busy with the bag of chips as soon as we arrived and didn't stop eating. Once she was done with our food she hit Susan up for some eats. After a while I told Susan, "Just send her away!" Ashley can eat non-stop, all day long.
Alan built an amazing castle with the kids. It reminded me of the kind I created in my head, when I was little, but never succeeded in building. It was pretty cool.
After a few hours we headed home, bathed the kids, and got some fish and chips for dinner. Now Jared is watching rugby- did you know the Rugby World Cup is on? I am so excited! Ha. It brings back fond memories of our visit to Paris in 2003 when the rugby WC was on and I got to sit in a pub and watch a game while on vacation! Not my idea of fun. (Coincidentally, the world cup this year is hosted by France). Sorry Jared, but I didn't go to Paris to watch rugby. He thought it was great. Oh well, at least he can watch all the games on free tv here. In the States he had to go to his friend's house, who had the FOX sports gold package, in the middle of the night to see the games. Hmm, should I be glad he can watch it at home now?
4 comments:
It's so crazy that you're heading into spring while we're giddily heading in to fall. Apparently that's still mind-boggling to me (it doesn't take much).
How exciting that you already sold your desk and are prepacking, woohoo!
I am glad you are getting in some beach days before you head back to Utah winter. You are going to lose a whole season aren't you? Hope everything is going smoothly.
Love the sand castle and all of the beach pics. I'm sure that is one thing you will definitely miss!!
I loved the story of Ashley eating. It must be an age/growth spurt thing because Ewan is like our little garbage disposal. He will eat everything and he eats just as much as Harrison and Zane. Our grocery bill is heading into dangerous territory!
wow the beach castle looks sooo cool. We always did a volcano at the beach and then lit it up with newspaper....now my brother with his kids went another step ahead..he put in fireworks...the pictures look awesome. Hey what a treat...not to e in paris to look at a game...i hope you did get some sightseeing...although it sounds like my very first time in paris, we headed up from monaco/south of france and it was soooo cold and rainy that we decided to visit it another time, so we just had coco and croissant at the train station. I will never forget, I was thinking HEY that was my first visit to Paris!--and I always think guys should have guys time just like we do have girls time it makes everything more sane
Post a Comment