Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Makes me smile



Thank you so much Lori for the good package! What a treat to hear a knock at the door and to be greeted by this. I didn't expect it at all. I guess that is the beauty of good mail.

Inside was a cute journal, 3 custom-made CD's from Lori (love them), a few headbands (great for getting the bangs out of the face when working out), a funny card (can you identify what is in the picture?), and a bottle of nailpolish. As you might have guessed, Olivia confiscated the nailpolish in about 30 seconds flat. Her girly-radar sensed it a mile away. I have already painted her toenails, which happened to be in dire need of a pedicure, so thanks.



I have been feeling a little alone this week since Jared is in Townsville and we are mid-crisis mode. Last week I sort of "checked out" of my life. I didn't go to gymnastics and flaked out of a few things. Very unlike me but I just wasn't really coping with the pressure. It also rained for 7 days straight and that does ugly things to me.

Anyway, I guess I have been struggling and a bit selfish b/c I have been annoyed that no one is saying to me, "How are you doing? Are you ok? Are you stressed? How are you holding up? etc. I know that is a little immature of me, but sometimes it's nice to feel that people are concerned about you and thinking of you. Thankfully Lori sent me an email entitled "Are you OK?" and it about brought me to tears. It was just nice to know that someone was worried about me and thinking of me.

Thank you for the package and for caring Lori. I love you!

8 comments:

thefractalman said...

Nice timing on the good mail and the email! Must have been some good old sisterly intuition...

michelle said...

sorry, I did it again!!

Sarah said...

Aren't sisters the best? I think when other people might be scared to say something, sisters are the ones who can do it and get away with it. I know I'm scared to even ask people how they're doing when they're feeling really stressed, like me asking is just going to cause more stress instead of being considerate. Does that make sense? And I hope you are doing ok, you guys are making serious life changing decisions and that isn't something to do easily and it sounds like a lot of people are weighing in with their opinions, which may be meant with good intentions, but still isn't helpful. So hang in there, things have to get better!

Jamie said...

That is awesome that your sister was there for you. It makes me wish I had a sister...someone who could know you so well. :D

melanie said...

(I love when Michelle posts as thefractalman, always makes me laugh)

Yeah for the good mail! I know sometimes it comes on just the day it is needed. Yeah for sisters!

Jill said...

This package from Lori is great, and it sounds like you definitely needed it.

Bond Girl 007 said...

I am sooo curious what the card said?? that is funny

Robyn said...

Claudia, the card inside says "Mucho Grassy Ass"