Sunday, June 17, 2007

Even when you don't feel like it



Ok so I am blogging even though I don't feel like it. I guess it's like praying, they say when you don't want to do it, that's when it's most important that you DO. I am not sure why I don't feel like it. Maybe the mundane reporting of the goings on in my life. It's the same thing over and over... Plus my camera is broken. Well, the lens cap is jammed so I can't use it. That makes it hard too. I have used my little prehistoric Nikon digital this week, so I'm not completely incapacitated. All the photos here are from our day at the beach.

Monday was a public holiday. Queen's Birthday. Yes, that's right, the Queen. Of England, that is. Don't you love it that we celebrate holidays of other countries? I think it's great! We went to a bday party in the morning and to the beach in the 'arvo' (that's Aussie for afternoon). It was too cold to swim but we relaxed and played in the sand.



On Tuesday Jared and I went out with two other couples for Indian food. That was fun. I laughed alot, it felt good. My friend Marina was telling me that when Mireille, my fitness friend, came over to do a fitness assessment on her, she made her use the COUCH for a step. I couldn't stop laughing when I thought of poor Marina stepping up and down for THREE minutes on her couch to the beat of the music. The thing is, it's used to determine your "fitness age" so Marina ended up coming out like a 67 year old or something. Her heart rate was sky high. No wonder!



Wednesday I ran a few errands, made calls for my wonderful Learning Ladder business (that I am doing against my will!) and we had the missionaries over for dinner. I made Thai food this time, Phad Sii Iw, Khay Jeow, and Jared's favorite Beef and Broccoli. We had Apple and Rhubarb Crumble for dessert on Elder Otto's request.

Thursday I went to a playgroup nearby at Robina. Playgroups are a HUGE thing here. I don't know, maybe they were in the States and I didn't know about it... Every church and community center has a playgroup and just about every mother I know goes to one. They get really close with all the people there, give bday gifts, go on weekend trips together, etc. I was invited by another mother so I thought I would check this one out. It was ok, not sure if I will go again. The best thing that happened this day was the GOOD MAIL we got from Jill. There was a cute shirt for me (from Paris!), Pop Rocks for the kids, notes, rub-ons for my scrap/card making, etc. It is always nice to know that someone is thinking of us. We had swimming later that day which is getting pretty cold for the kids, even though it's heated and under cover. Don't think we'll do next term.



On Friday I kept Austin home since he had a dentist appt in the middle of the day anyway. I thought we'd have a fun morning together, make cookies or something, but the kids kept fighting about everything and ended up making me crazy. We went to the dds later and they both got a clean and Austin lost a tooth! It was really loose anyway so the dds just pulled it since it looked a bit infected near the root. They both did so well, not complaining, and were even excited to have a turn. Made me proud. That night we had all our cousins over. We got Shrek 3 on DVD (friend's copy from Hong Kong or something), and we invited our cousins over to have pizza, treats, etc. It was great. I bought them chips, cookies, gummy worms, the works. They all had pizza then we pulled the couch right in front of the tv. Jared's sisters, Kate and Susan, as well as their husbands, Daniel and Alan, came too. The adults got Indian take-away.




Saturday we had Austin's soccer game in the morning then went to the mall together later. We had to get camping supplies for Austin and Jared b/c they went with Daniel and the boys down to their usual spot. It's kind of a tradition now. So they left us alone and are getting back tonight, Monday night. They should be here soon. I think I will make some soup for dinner. Brrr, it's been cold! Only bout 65 degrees, according to the weatherman, but it sure feels cold, especially at night! I guess I am officially acclimated now.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Playgroups are big here also. I think there are not as many in Utah because they all just happen through the ward.
Out for Indian food sounds wonderful, and your Thai food sounds delicious.

Jill said...

65 degrees sounds good to me, what's up with being cold? I'm too well insulated I guess.

I'd starve if I lived in Australia.

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing all the details of what you've been doing and even what you're thinking about it all. It makes me feel in touch, which I need so badly. Glad you got to celebrate with the Queen. How old is she, anyway?