Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What day is today?



I am constantly amazed at how fast time can pass, how fast each week seems to fly by. Seriously, is it Thursday? My week hasn't been quite as crazy as last weekend... but close. Monday I had Susan's kids here while they went out and shopped for all the stuff they're going to need. I know what a HUGE job that is since we just went through it about 17 months ago. Emily, Nathan, and Colby played here for the day, as well as Courtney since Katherine was here part of the time too. Olivia just loved having someone to entertain her! Austin joined the party when he got home from school. Here he is with Nathan (left) and Colby (right).

On Tuesday I took Olivia to preschool and put Ashley down for a nap, then I started painting all of the boards for my craft project at church. I painted all the boards black, which took a few hours, then did an hour of work before Ashley woke up. We took Austin to soccer later and Nathan came along.



Wednesday I met with our new Enrichment Group Activity Leader. I am so excited to have someone to help with all of the interest groups at church! So far I have been running all of the activities, making announcements, sending emails, passing around the sign-ups, etc. I was SO happy to hand it over to her. After that I started some more painting since a few of the boards didn't dry nicely and I wanted to do the backs if I had enough paint. Well I wasn't done until after lunch (this project is becoming a nightmare!) Mom called while I was in the middle of it and I couldn't even talk b/c Ashley was napping and I had to get it all done (Sorry Mom). Debbie stopped by to bring me an extra roller, thank goodness. I let the boards dry for about 4 1/2 hours and they still stuck together a little when I stacked them later! I was so annoyed but the ladies didn't mind touching up here and there.



I went out about 7:00 to the activity, and Mala and Elise rode with me. There were about 15 ladies there (25 signed up but not all could come that night) to do the project. It was nice to get out and see the women having fun and chatting. I was impressed with the different ways that everyone painted their flowers for the board. I am such an 'in the box' thinker. I just don't even think to change the way something is done- I usually just copy an example- but these ladies did all different colors, patterns, etc. The boards looked really great.



Today is Thursday and luckily I have a low-key day. Susan's kids are here again today so that they can go out and buy their bed, fridge, some furniture, etc. They plan to get their car tomorrow. I only have Ashley here since Olivia has a playdate and Austin is at school. I hope I can entertain them all day! My only goal is to get the house cleaned up for my "Learning Ladder" party tomorrow. It's a company that does home parties for books and kids' educational toys, etc. I love their stuff. Later we have swimming and it's "Late Night Shopping" tonight so I might go get some winter jeans for the kids. It's gotten chilly all of the sudden and my kids have nothing. The high today is only 73. Brrr. This is the pile of laundry I have waiting for me in my room. UGH.



This weekend won't be too exciting. Jared has an Elders Quorum activity tomorrow night- it's a big games night with a whole bunch of XBox or PSP set up at one of the guys' houses and apparently they use a big screen or something. I don't know. Then Saturday night he has a big rugby game on at a friend's house. Looks like I will be hanging out with the kids!

4 comments:

annalisa said...

You changed your blog address. I couldn't find it for a while. Cute boards for enrichment. What a big project.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, Robyn, just reading about your busy life makes me tired! Whew! You are so amazing to keep everything together and still be sane. I would be pulling my hair out.
Those FHE boards looked awesome. Did they write their family names on the flowers? Very cute idea!

amy gretchen said...

I am always amazed by the woman in your family and what you can accomplish. It's no wonder I can't measure up to the examples Adam grew up with.

The boards look great and how nice to have a leader who is so willing to help.

Jill said...

You're making me tired, that's a whole lot of busy. Austin must be loving having 2 more boy cousins to play. Poor Landon is here as the lone boy and seriously missing Austin.