
Ok, sorry if no one else gets the Robbie Williams reference (I am not a fan but the words came to mind...) I am so exhausted and it's Sunday night. I have been entertaining all weekend and my battery needs serious recharging. I might think of going to be early, but this is my favorite TV night so it's not an option (Grey's, Betty, Brian).
On Friday night we had the missionaries to dinner. It's the third time this month! It's our own fault, I know, but I am incapable of saying no when asked to feed the missionaries. I feel sorry for them! That night we had Indian Butter Chicken, Aloo Matar, Naan bread and Basmati Rice. I might add that this was their request when I asked them what type of food they would like. I was more than happy to oblige since I love Indian food. Elder Otto is from Muskegon, Michigan. You should have seen his excitement when I told him that I knew right where it was and I had even been there. The other one, Elder Semanutafa is from Samoa, a place that Jared loves. He lived/worked there for a few months the summer before we were married. Elder Semanutafa also loves rugby. Needless to say, he and Jared get along great. They shared a great message with us that night.
The next morning I was up at 6:30 am to make cinnamon rolls for a Relief Society breakfast. Olivia was so excited to help me roll out the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon on. It's so hard because I would usually just like to get it done myself but I just couldn't squelch her cute little spirit.
This is the board I used for my portion of the lesson at the RS breakfast. These are the six components of Self Reliance that we, as church members, are supposed to be developing through Enrichment meetings/activities. The breakfast went well, we had a pretty good turnout and the food was delicious.
Saturday afternoon was fairly relaxed. After Ashley's nap we went to visit Jared, who was painting the interior of the home that his sister Susan is moving into. She, and her family, arrived later that day at 5:30 pm from Johannesburg, South Africa. After visiting Jared, we went to his parent's house to hang up the welcome signs the kids made, and some balloons. I got home about 3:30 and it seemed like I never left the kitchen after that. We had a family from our ward over for dinner that night. We had BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, spinach salad, rolls, veggies and Michelle's Ice Cream cake (not sure what you call it Michelle) for dessert. So yummy. Anyway, they left about 8pm or so.
This morning was church, of course. We stopped over to see Susan, Alan, Emily, Nathan and Colby just after church. It was so cute to see them running to our car since they have never even met us before. Actually, Jared and I met Emily on our trip to South Africa when she was Ashley's age, but I am sure she doesn't remember us. Jared then took them over to the house so they could see where they are going to live.
Deja Vu- I went home and started making more cinnamon rolls since this evening we got to have the "Welcome to Australia" party here and Mum asked me to make them. Olivia was pleased as punch to make them again, she thinks she's quite the pro now. She'll say, "Yup, that's what we need to do. Then we have to get the rolly-thing. Uh huh." Like she is guiding me... it's funny. Once those were rising, I was getting some stuff ready, moving chairs around, etc and before I knew it, everyone started arriving.
More entertaining! Jared fired up his BBQ and cooked up the kebabs and burgers. Thank goodness our house is pretty open and conducive to entertaining b/c we had the following here: Mum, Dad, Me, Jared, Kate, Daniel, Alan, Susan, Don, Elise, Monica, Dave, Kirk, Chelsea, Debbie, Sophie, Jacqui, John and Jean (Dave's sis and her husband from England) then for the kids we had James, Emily, Will, Nathan, Austin, Olivia, Fyn, Colby, Courtney and Ashley. It was a full house that is for sure. That makes 19 adults and 10 kids. It actually wasn't too bad or too crazy, even with all those people. The kids ran around the backyard and danced in the living room. It was great to see them playing together so well. Too bad Lauren (Melbourne) and Dawn (Cape Town) couldn't be here for the family reunion. Photo below L-R Jared, me, Kate, Dad, Susan, Alan, Mum
4 comments:
Wow, sounds like a busy weekend! I hope you were able to relax afterwards. I love family get-togethers where all the cousins play and the adults can visit. How fun. I bet your mother-in-law is happy to have her family all so close now.
I didn't realize you were the cinnamon roll-making queen, who knew? I've never made cinnamon rolls that didn't come from a can or bag.
Jared's parents must be thrilled to have Susan and her family living there now, it must be a dream come true for them.
It's excellent that you could host that many people at your house, it looks fun.
The cinnamon rolls look so good, one of my favorite treats for sure! I am the same way, I have a hard time letting the kids 'help', I really need to get over it. She looks adorable and so pleased with her helping.
That is a big party. I'm impressed it wasn't total chaos.
looks like fun. Is it just me or does it seem like you are always doing stuff.
I would have loved tasting those cinnamon rolls. I love freshly made cinnamon rolls. Next time I see you I'm expecting them :)
love the dress!
Post a Comment