Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!



Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. John 20:16

I love this picture of the resurrected Christ with Mary. I think it's because it is a woman, on her knees, emotional and needing her Savior. It's interesting that even though Mary knew Christ so well, she didn't recognize him at first, possibly because of the changed state of his body? Until he spoke her name, she didn't know it was Him. I wonder how many of us, in our distracted lives, go through the same thing? When we are stressed, distraught, emotional, or just busy... we don't see His hand in our lives, we don't hear Him calling out to us, through the spirit. I know that I often do this. I need to slow down and allow Him to have a place in my life. There are days I am almost running around my house trying to get things done, make my schedule, get the cleaning done, be to some appointment or whatever, days I have to stop myself and remember to kneel and pray, or read my scriptures. I am thankful that we have Easter to remind us of His gift in our lives. I am thankful today that I can teach my children what it's all about. We do allow them to have Easter eggs and candy, but like Christmas, we tell them that these gifts remind us of the great gift He gave us. We talked to them about what it means to be resurrected and how we all can have a complete, perfect body, and return to live with Heavenly Father again. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I like that picture too. It's always hard for me to understand how Mary and the disciples didn't recognize Jesus. My mind always comes back to the fact that no one had ever been resurrected before, so they weren't expecting to see him again. It wasn't until he opened their eyes that they could see who he really was. Amazing.

Bond Girl 007 said...

This always reminds me of the scripture that says that Jesus will come in the night and (people will not recognize him>>>)I sure want to be one that does....I loved what you said and it is soo true. Glad you had a wonderful time with family.

melanie said...

Great post Robyn. I love the emotion in Mary's face too. Pictures of Christ are so tender to me. I was reminded of the same things today. To slow down, to remember Him and His sacrifice and the gift it can bring each of us. Love your words here.

Elizabeth said...

I love your sentiments. That picture will have new personal meaning for me, when I see it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those lovely thoughts, Rob. I am thankful for Easter time as well, to dwell on what it really means in our lives. I'm grateful also, to have children who feel blessed and are trying hard to do what's right.

Laurie said...

Great post Robyn, and that picture of Olivia below is SO cute. I hope you are having a great week.

amy gretchen said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. They echo exactly the way I feel. Very grateful and the need to slow down and remember.

I also love that photo.

michelle said...

I always wonder at the people were closest to Jesus not recognizing him after his resurrection. I like your reasoning, though, I'm sure I do that figuratively all the time.