In honor of my husband's birthday today, here are 38 things about Jared:
1. He is the best dad.
2. He loves rugby
3. He isn't ashamed of liking Bryan Adams and Phil Collins (even if I think he SHOULD be!)
4. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty
5. He can fix or build anything
6. He LOVES potatoes more than any other food
7. He has beautiful green eyes
8. He wears hats (I love a man in a cap)
9. He has a good sense of humor
10. He loves to travel
11. He likes to wrestle with the kids
12. He has a testimony of Jesus Christ
13. He wants to be a good provider for his family
14. He recognizes that I need breaks sometimes and lets me getaway now and then
15. He isn't afraid to change a diaper
16. He was born in Reading, England
17. He likes to dance and sing
18. He was called "Acorn- head" growing up since his last name is Akenhead (so sad)
19. He has 4 sisters and NO brothers
20. He lived in South Africa for the first 10 years of his life
21. He would love to do "The Amazing Race" with his best friend, Jeff.
22. He is connected to everyone in the world by 3 degrees.
23. He is very frugal
24. He isn't above cooking dinner, doing the dishes, or vacuuming the carpet.
25. His nickname is "Aussie" which he gained through BYU Rugby
26. He lived in Bahrain while working on the King's palace with his uncle and cousin who have a painting business.
27. He could live on baked beans and bread for a month if he had to
28. He likes to travel (and would sell all we have to do just that if I would agree)
29. He served a mission in the Australia Adelaide mission (which is central Australia- the Crocodile Dundee kind of country)
30. He has had stitches multiple times but never due to a rugby injury, surprisingly
31. He enjoys watching action films like The Transporter, The Bourne Supremecy, etc.
32. He has the proudest parents in the world; they love him to death
33. He makes some mean mashed potatoes and rock buns
34. He never closes drawers or cupboards
35. He has over a dozen khaki shorts and pants
36. He owns a million tee shirts
37. He hardly ever buys something for himself
38. He has a family who loves him! Happy Birthday Jared!
5 comments:
Such a sweet tribute to him. I had no idea he served his mission in AU.
I feel closer to him knowing that he has a lot of tees...me too.
Happy Birthday Jared!!
That was so sweet! I loved it!
Happy Birthday Jared!
wow Jared sounds like he has had a wonderful life and experience all over the world. That is soo cool...i totally think that travel forges you an identity and gives you truly a vision and understanding of the world. I would love to go to DUBAI and Baharain...I once dated a guy who was from there...another world....such a wonderful tribute to a husband and dad! That picture of you two looks so awesome! Happy Birthday Jared! ...so young...
It's always fun to see what each other loves about their husbands.
My husband wears caps too and he could survive eating beans on toast too.
The picture of you guys is cute. It's funny but your husband just looks Aussie.
Wow, you should have done this long ago! I never knew how much I never knew about my son-in-law! Jared, I hope your birthday was wonderful. How could it not be with such a super wife????
Post a Comment