So the rest of the week was good too. On Tuesday we dropped Mum off at the airport to fly down to Phoenix to visit Jared's cousin, Luke, who lives there with his wife and son Miles. Coincidentally, Mum's sister, Monica is also in the States right now visiting Luke so they will have Thanksgiving together and Mum will come back here on Monday. After we dropped her off we drove past downtown SLC on our way to Amy's. Since we were early, I thought we'd stop at the Conference Center. There was a parking spot right in front and I figured it would be a good experience for the kids to see it. Well our "15 minute" tour turned into an hour! Luckily we were moving around the whole time so the kids didn't get too bored but I think it was a slow morning so they were really giving us the long version. I was surprised to learn that the organ has 7,000 pipes and that all the MOTAB seats in front actually slide back into the walls, it's very high tech. The roof is 6 acres and the fountain on the roof is directly over the pulpit in the center below. There is 4 levels of parking underneath and it's built to withstand an earthquake that measures 9 on the R.Scale.
So we got to Amy's house a little late. No big deal. We just hung out and chatted while the kids played. It was great that Bella was home from school (due to the holiday) so she could play with them too. Ashley had a great nap and Amy helped me with my blog banner (does no one like the change? I haven't had one comment!) Thanks Amy, I love it. You are a quite the computer whiz.
After Amy's we went home to help with Thanksgiving prep and last minute shopping. On Thursday I had a great run around my parent's neighborhood again- the weather has been so warm here- about 50-60 degrees. Beautiful day. We went to my aunt Launa's about 1pm for the big dinner. The turkey was extra delicious this year and I loved the fresh rolls and pies. The kids did the cutest talent show- a tradition I love and can remember from when I was a child and we came to Thanksgiving at Launa's house all the way from southern Cal. My kids sort of sang "Holding Hands around the World" if you are familiar with the Primary song and at the end all the kids sang "Scripture Power", it was really cute. We came back to Mom's house and later had honey baked ham sandwiches, salad, brownies, etc. and played games. I really enjoyed the game "Imaginiff" I think that's how it's spelled. Very funny to hear what people answer about you and others. Revealing.
I missed Jared on Thanksgiving. It was weird not to have him with us at such a big family holiday. We talked that night and I told him about all the potatoes he missed out on (he is obsessed with potatoes). We are sad that we won't be together on our anniversary, December 4th. I get back on the 3rd and he is gone for business until the 9th. I said, "Too bad I didn't know, I would have extended my trip!" It's better this way though, Austin will go back and have about a week of school before it's finished for the summer break. At least he'll see his friends before vacation.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I noticed your new blog banner and like it a lot! I figured Amy helped you out, and I must apologize for never coming through with banner help for you. (Randy dominates the computer every night for work and he's the one with the skills.)
Your banner looks great, Robyn. This is the first time I've seen it. Too bad about not being able to stay longer!
I love the changes to your blog and I love them. The banner on the top is so cute....so much more personal. Was it very hard to do?
It sounds like you are having a great trip, with all of the family time and all of the shopping.
I'm glad you came over and we worked on your blog. I like what we came up with. Can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It's been good to see you.
oh robyn I loved the banner and thought I commented on it! sounds like you had a good time with family.!
Post a Comment