
Unfortunately, Austin had an accident last night. He was dreaming that he was in the bathroom and went in the bed. Poor guy. I have had so many dreams like that... how does the body know NOT to let it out? I am not sure. I felt bad for him and he was very apologetic about it. (He woke me up at 5am and I gave him a quick bath). So now I am washing all of his bed linen.
Anyway, I am writing about this on my blog because I didn't have a mattress protector on his bed. I know, Mom, you taught me better. He has just NEVER had a problem so I got really lazy about it. What do I do with the mattress? Can I clean it out? Do I just let it dry? I don't know what to do. I have looked online and saw something about peroxide and baking soda. I don't want to make it worse. Any suggestions? I need your help!
6 comments:
oh...my I don't have any really...but I will ask and get back to you...maybe treat it like a carpet...clean the surface really really good....but not getting it too wet!....will try and get back to you soon! wow...I was just thinking of that...we started to potty train my little one and I thought...I better but the mattress cover on....(there was no need before--and it is a good mattress) on the other hand, maybe I should get one that has plastic. Sorry I don't mean to gain from your experience but "you never know."!
So sad. Yup, there's always a first time and it's always 'an accident'. If you know of anyone who has their own carpet cleaner like our Bissell one, I think that would be the best thing to do. I think the soda and ??? sounded like a good cleaner, so scrub it in and then suck it out with the carpet cleaner hose, right? What about spraying first with Spray & Wash? I don't know. I've seen way too many pee stains that just were left to dry out and they are nasty. Do SOMETHING!!!! Poor Austin, he must have just had a heart attack when he realized what had happened! Give him a love for me.
Sorry, I don't have any advice on this, only sympathy. Good luck!
I'm probably too late in commenting, but I suggest "googling" it. I went to Google and typed in "getting urine out of a mattress" and multiple sites with suggestions pulled up. That might help!
I wish I could help. I have always been fortunate enough that when accidents have happened I've had a water proof pad on. Good luck to you. It's never a fun job cleaning up that mess even if its just all the sheets and blankets.
Oh, poor little guy. Lucas still has nighttime accidents occasionally and it is such a pain. He is such a heavy sleeper that he just can't seem to wake up when he has to go. We have a piece of rubberized flannel covering his mattress, so I don't have any good advice. I hope you find a solution!
Post a Comment