Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sick is no fun...



The past few days I have been feeling really sick. It's hard for me b/c I don't get sick very often. I have been having hot flashes and cold chills, headache, body aches, no appetite, and zero energy whatsoever. It's sad b/c today Olivia was at preschool and all I felt like doing was sleeping. I ended up working on the nutrition seminar I am doing for our church women's conference. It's about a month away but I don't want to be stressed at the last minute. Once I was done with that I ran a few errands then picked up Austin from school.

It's weird b/c I feel so crappy I am sure that everyone who looks at me can see it (but they don't). I made a stop at the pharmacist to get something to help me sleep. Since I am having the sweats and chills I can't sleep at all. I got something that will hopefully knock me out. It was amusing when the pharmacist handed it to me b/c she said, "What about blood pressure? Can I get you something?" I was thinking "HUH?" I didn't understand what she was talking about then she said "Depression?" I am like "What? Do I look THAT bad?" Then I realized that pharmacists in Australia do suggestive selling. She was trying to get me to buy more. How strange. I have never experienced that at a pharmacy before.



The good news is that tomorrow Jared and I are going away for the night. We're going up the coast to Sunshine Coast (the area in red, just north of Brisbane is Sunshine Coast), near Noosa, about 2 hrs away. I have been up that way years and years ago when we went to Frasier Island, but never to Noosa. It's supposed to be pretty nice. I hope to spend some time at the beach on Friday, then on Saturday morning we'll hit the market in Noosa. Austin and Olivia will spend the night at Katherine's and we'll take Ashley with us. I hope she's as good as usual! and I hope that I am feeling better SOON!

3 comments:

amy gretchen said...

So sorry your sick. I hate being sick and being a mom. It never really works well together. Too funny about the pharmacist.

I'm glad the two of you are getting away. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy yourself.

Jill said...

Should pharmacists be doing suggestive selling? That doesn't seem like a good idea. I hope you feel better soon, especially with your little getaway.

michelle said...

Sick is definitely no fun, and what a very strange pharmacy experience! hope you're feeling better now.