
I thought that iPods changed road trips forever. You could mix it up, shuffle, no CDs to bring, etc. Good times. However, on this trip I am enjoying the benefits of Jared's "high speed wireless mobile broadband CDMA modem". What that means is that I am sitting in the car surfing the internet, checking email and updating my blog. How good is that?! I love it!
We are currently just north of Caloundra (on the map) and we're heading to Alexandra Headland to stay the night. Ashley is sleeping like an angel in her carseat. She is such a good little baby. I just gave her the binkie, her blanket and her pink rabbit (that Mom sent her) and she happily nodded off to sleep. Painless. I really don't deserve her.
Some of the cities we have passed include Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and some other interesting names like Caboolture (Ka-Boo-Cha), the hometown of Keith Urban. It's a tiny farm community. Who would've known one of the "Sexiest Men Alive" would come from there? By the way, I really like his songs "Somebody Like you" and "Better Life" if you are not familiar with him at all.
Not to detract from the goodness of the iPod... we've been enjoying John Mayer's new album "Continuum" which I downloaded from iTunes last night (in preparation for the trip). We also heard "Punk Rocker" by Sandi Thom, which is a great one. Click Here.
to watch the video. I think you'll like it.
By the way, it's kind of killing me to know that Grey's Anatomy Season 2 is out on DVD and I don't have it yet. Don't worry, it's on the list. The next episode for us here is the first one where Chris O'Donnell is on. Hmmm, looks interesting.
4 comments:
Which list is Grey's Anatomy on? Your Christmas List or what?
That's very cool that you can surf the internet and blog while in the car. That would be dangerous for me because I'd zone out completely from the family. I just went to the library tonight and got about 20 audio books for our trip and I'm so excited!
I can't believe you are surfing the web from your car. that is just too cool. You know I can't read while I drive so i bet I wouldn't be able to do that without getting sick either.
I am currently watching grey's anatomy season 2. It is killing that I am unable to start season 3 which started tonight.
have fun.
So glad to know you and Jared are getting away for the night and that Baby Ashley is so good to take along. I can just see you sitting there with your notebook blogging away and enjoying those new tunes. I'm so happy that you got this break!
Blogging while on a road trip? Excellent! What a great way to pass the time.
I'm enjoying Continuum, too, thanks to Jill!
Post a Comment